Home

scribe999

Registered
Nov 8, 2005
New Jersey
So, finally went about viewing the Sony presentation of Home, the 3-D, online, virtual community being planned for the PS3. Interesting concept...Second Life for the PS3 perhaps? The PlayStation Network does need to offer something to differentiate itself from Xbox Live (besides the ultimate in price points: $0).

However, is this really going to work? Sony still has to iron out a lot of issues with its current online offering, and to ambitiously shoot for the much desired virtual reality of Home...I'm mildly skeptical about how well it will work initially.

It could go either way. The main thing is that they still need to really have a universal connection between games like Live has, where you can play on one game, and see your pal on another, and still be able to invite him over to a game in yours. That's the most important thing.

But really, If I were Sony, I'd just completely rip off everything on Live, from the game-spanning connection to the achievements, then completely copy Nintendo's Mii thing. They're on pace for something like that. But I'd try to copy it more exactly.