Holy Crap!

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Hey Guys,

I just found a small comic book publisher based right in Toronto that is hiring a writer. I just applied. I'm going nuts. That's my dream job! Even if it doesn't pay much.

If anybody here prays, pray that I get this job. It would be like the fourth best thing that ever happened to me!

That's great Basil. Hope you get the job. And yep, I'll be praying.
And BTW, will you be continuing the Underland story?

If I get this job, I will be for sure. As of now, not anytime soon. I am working on proper novel. I have been for a while now, and it is my first and (right now) only writing priority. I have a schedule, and I must finish it in one year. With my current job, I don't have time to do Underland. I really regret putting it aside, because I was having a lot of fun writing it and I was building an audience, but I have to focus on the work that matters.

Just pray extra hard that I get this job, then I'll get back on to Underland.

I'll never understand how anyone can write on a schedule, or more generally do anything creative on a schedule. I can see how it would be a necessity for someone who has very, very little free time, but still, to be able to produce consistent stuff... seems rough. I run off of pure inspiration just about, and I can go quite a long time in between those moments. Anyway, from one frustrated creator of things to another, good luck.

Roach: Writing on a schedule does not ensure my best work, in fact, often I find I'm just going through the motions to keep on schedule. But it does ensure that work gets done - which wouldn't happen otherwise. I have a short attention span, and if I lose interest in a project, I need that commitment to my schedule to get me interested again.

It means I'll have to spend a little more time on revisions, but at least I'll have a first draft to revise!

It works for me, anyway.

And thanks for the well wishings.