Hi There!

BCampbell

Staff Member
Registered
Hi all, new addition to the crew here.

By way of introduction, I'm Bennett Campbell, hereafter known as BCampbell (or just call me B, yo). I'm from the Albany, New York area, so if anyone else is marooned out this way, let me know.

I've been assigned to the PC games section, so I'm excited to start working with my new teammates. I just don't know who you are yet.

I'm 26, am working full time while trying to finish up a degree, and spend my free time playing games (obviously), with photography, and working on my car (if you can't tell from the avatar, it's an '84 VW Scirocco. That's probably older than one or two of you out there). My girlfriend and I also try to vacation as much as possible, though since we don't have tons of disposable income that's usually limited to daytrips or weekend excursions. We recently tried snowshoeing with a couple of friends and are planning a Saturday/Sunday stay in NYC the weekend of the 26th to see the Gates in Central Park. I just got back from an extended weekend visiting my brother in San Jose, CA, where he was for a new job training. He lives in Tokyo, and I hope to visit him there before he moves back to the states permanently.

As for games, I tend to gravitate toward the bizzare and overlooked, but I like big name titles too. Some of my favorites are the Gran Turismo series, the Monster Rancher series, the Dragon Warrior series, Sega Marine Fishing, Soul Calibur, any Worms game,, and various classics. I'm also a cheapass gamer, and regularly buy $5-$10 preowned games just to check them out, or wait until prices on new games drop $10 or $20.

I have two cats, one of which is, as I type this, trying to eat the mouse pointer and probably ruining my new monitor.

It's good to be here, and I expect to get to know most of you soon, some of you better than I'd probably like. B out!

Hey Bennett, welcome to the site. Did a tram just pull up? There sure are an awful lot of new people lately, but of course that's an eternally good thing.

One little nit- I'm sure you expect to get to know most of us soon, indeed. In a copy editing culture, I suppose its to be expected :)

Reply to: snifty:

Hey Bennett, welcome to the site. Did a tram just pull up? There sure are an awful lot of new people lately, but of course that's an eternally good thing.

One little nit- I'm sure you expect to get to know most of us soon, indeed. In a copy editing culture, I suppose its to be expected :)

That's what I get for posting at midnight. I even proofread that one... I'm a fairly lazy message board poster, overall.

I don't know about anyone else but I happened on a job listing at Gamejobs.com. I mulled it over for a while and then figured why not give it a shot, there's nothing to lose.

Stevie - thanks! As you know, I'm pretty psyched about this opportunity.

--there's nothing to lose--

Oh, you poor, foolish, uninformed boy.

What about sanity, girlfriends, hair, finger prints, money, time, effort, energy, enjoyment, passion...life?

We ALL used to enjoy these facets of modern existence, but no more!

Sleep tight!

Oh, sleep, there's another one.

"Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is the five minute argument or the full half hour?"

I would have quoted the "abuse" room lines, some of my favorites in the sketch, but I thought that may be a bit much for an introduction. Always nice to meet another appreciator of the Flying Circus.

"I want to complain."