Hey guys!

Hey, I'm still here. I was waiting for someone to respond. Though I do it often when talking, I don't like to post with just myself. I was waiting for someone to bless me with their brilliance. To start up the tune to the dance. I am still here. The process of moving in the next week however may result in a short absence. But I shall return. Just waiting for the rants to flow once more. I can only argue with myself so much.

Where are you moving to and are you on your own or with a roommate?

And when are you going to post my latest article?

I am not sure where I am moving to. I just got back home for a brief interlude with the parents to attend some family trips and the like. But hopefully, this will only be a brief respite as the next step will turn up soon.

So I saw Spider-man 3 on Imax. Once again the action scenes were pretty damn cool, but the story was fairly average. I thought Topher Grace did a great job at being a jerk. And minus the Saturday Night Fever scene, which I'm sure was not his fault, I thought Toby did a pretty good job as Emo Parker. I'll be interested to see what they do from here based on where they left off for themselves.

I saw the movie 300 on Imax and recently finished reading both the graphic novel and Gates of Fire which is a historical fiction retelling of the battle at Thermopolyae. Something about this story and the Spartans has really fascinated me. I am wondering where such ideals are in the modern era. I shall relate more ideas later.

Yeah I know what you mean. After I read about the battle of Thermopylae I was really fascinated by it, and I've been waiting for a good movie about it. 300 was that movie.

300 is still the best movie I've seen all freaking summer, anybody see Transformers? I missed it due to not having my childhood memories completely shattered like when I witnessed Dolph "Ivan Drago" Lundren as He-Man.

I saw Transformers. I enjoyed it, despite the potential threesome with Bumblebee and 2 humans at the end. Dude, not cool.

3some you say? Bumblebee and 2 humans? interesting! what's next, a circle jerk consisting of Indiana Jones, E.T. and Optimus Prime, Spieldberg you sicko!

I don't know whether I've gained or lost respect for VGCats.com after their last comic.

070723.jpg

I think it's a little of both...

Last edited:
Speilberg you asshole, of course the BLACK robot had to die right?!?!

speaking of... do the transformers reproduce? or do they , "create" more of their species. cuz i dont remember a female transformer.

There've been a handful of female transformers. I remember the female ambulance transformer, as well as in Beast Wars, there were two female Transformers (the black widow and the eagle).

If you'll recall the girl in the movie drove a pink Vespa. That was supposed to be a lady Transformer, but got cut. I'm not sure whether or not to be thankful for that.

Well, I saw Shrek 3, which is still not Transformers. It was ok. It had some funny moments, but the story wasn't very good. I'd like to see it again because I didn't realize there were so many cameo voices until I looked at imdb AFTER the viewing.

If I can see Transformers and maybe Bourne 3, it will have been a successful summer. Plus according to my sister, I still have until October to see Harry Potter 5 on the nearest Imax.

Awwww the summer blockbusters! I was bitterly dissapointed with Spidey, the Simpsons, and Rush Hour, didn't see Transformers and strangely enough my favorite has been Superbad, Seth Rogen kicks ass! Also I can't wait till Friday so I can watch Halloween, time for Rob Zombie to pull another dead rabbit outta his ass.

I think my favorite movie this summer was Live Free or Die Hard. I love Bruce Willis, I really do. I am a little miffed that Balls of Fury is coming out this weekend when I will be far to preoccupied with getting married to see it. Very disappointing.

Well, I just saw Transformers last night. The transformers themselves were very cool, but almost everything else was very disappointing. The story was very chaotic, the camera work was dizzying, and the dialogue during the "funny" parts was atrocious.

Around midday today, I realized that I might have just witnessed the opening death throes of the hollywood movie. Or maybe what I truly mean is that soon all movies shown on the big screen will have terrible stories. People will still go to see them, but the stories will be awful. Fortunately though, I do not think it will be the end of movies with good stories. They just won't be shown at the theaters.

This summer has seen a plethora of movies with bad stories: Spider-man 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Transformers, The Simpsons Movie. Die Hard 4 wasn't too bad a story. Harry Potter 5 was a bad adaption of the story. I think those were all the movies I saw this summer.

I just don't think the 2 hour movie is the right format for telling a good story. It works fine for telling a bad story. And maybe the bad story can be funny or have amazing special effects. But, it will be a bad story. Now perhaps more studios will adopt the Lord of the Rings method and start making 3+ hour movies. This could save movie storytelling. Harry Potter 5 would have benefitted greatly from it. However, I imagine a different scenario coming to pass.

The rise of the original series on various networks(Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Lost, Deadwood...) and their immense popularity will shift all future movie storytelling to something akin to this format. Eventually some great story, like the Harry Potter series, will elect to go to HBO or something like that. Instead of one 2 hour movie every few years. There will be a several hour movie, broken up into hourly installments. Therefore, Harry Potter 1 might have been 3 one hour episodes. Then, by the time you get to Harry Potter 5, which was several hundred pages longer than Harry Potter 1, you could expand the series to 5 or 6 episodes. The ulimate irony of the Harry Potter 5 movie was that while the book was the longest thus far by a large margin, the movie was the shortest of the series. I mean, what network wouldn't have killed to have the Harry Potter miniseries covering most of the summer. Hell, they could reshow the whole series before debuting the new episodes. By book 7, the experience could last the whole summer.

I guess I am just tired of seeing great potential squandered, in a similar vein as my kurrption rants post. And I believe there is hope for these stories. It is just not on the silver screen.

I totally agree with your rant, the main difference between movies and tv is that the big screen isnt really taking risks with originality. Everything is a remake or adaptation, which as we have seen the best parts can get lost in translation. Truthfully Superbad and Knocked Up were better than everything else so far, so to qoute jack sparrow "the world is still the same, there is just less in it."