Heroes of the Storm

Cmok

Registered
Feb 6, 2015
Some 10 days ago I enlisted for HotS closed beta and yesterday I got a mail saying that I got in. Well, after playing the game for a couple of hours I gotta say it's pretty good and interesting. I've never played MOBA type of games before and honestly I wasn't very much interested in them however HotS has changed my opinion. It is however different from a typical MOBA game like DotA2 or LoL as there are no items. I have yet to try a PvP match as I'm only playing cooperative mode. Is anyone else playing?

I´ve been in the tech alpha since last August. I had played LOL before that. I find Heroes of the Storm to be a better game, now granted I am not the most hardcore LOL player, but really the community and the way the game is set up just creates an atmosphere where your ´team´ totally falls apart as soon as you start losing. Heck, even if you are winning, the weakest player has to deal with a lot of poison thrown their way from the teammates. Hots has a few rules that make the game less competitive amoung teammates, including shared exp, which opens up more gameplay other than just picking a lane.

HotS is quite a casual MOBA, as it stands the game severely lacks depth. I'd recommend sticking to DotA 2 or LoL instead.

I´ve been in the tech alpha since last August. I had played LOL before that. I find Heroes of the Storm to be a better game, now granted I am not the most hardcore LOL player, but really the community and the way the game is set up just creates an atmosphere where your ´team´ totally falls apart as soon as you start losing. Heck, even if you are winning, the weakest player has to deal with a lot of poison thrown their way from the teammates. Hots has a few rules that make the game less competitive amoung teammates, including shared exp, which opens up more gameplay other than just picking a lane.

As I mentioned I haven't played LoL but even as a non player I was aware how toxic the community is, and same goes for DotA 2. HotS seems to be much more relaxed and the players, or at least the ones that I've played with, seem to play the game for the enjoyment rather than view it as a means of letting all their frustrations out.

I did want to take a look at it eventually, but all those pseudo-funny alt costumes and mounts turned me off completely. I don't want to play a game where everyone will be riding an unicorn pooping rainbow dressed in pajamas..

I've been playing HoTS on and off for several weeks, to almost several months now. Personally speaking, I like it a lot better than I do League, or DoTA2. Mostly in that the community itself for the game is still relatively young, so there's not a whole lot of backlash that comes with messing up. Secondly, while it's not as "in depth" as the older MOBA titles, I find that lack of depth sort of appealing in a way. Blizzard has always been relatively good at creating games that appeal to a wider demographic, and for weal or woe I have a feeling this game once it's completed will be just as popular as Hearthstone has become.

Well now I'm jealous. I applied for beta HoTS a month or so ago and still haven't gotten in. However, my husband had been playing since alpha and seems to really like it. We both have played LoL before. He likes it a lot more than LoL, but he still does play LoL as well. As far as people riding unicorns pooping rainbows wearing pajamas - I approve.