Have you used Playstation NOW yet?

thepieeatingjay

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
Truth be told, PS NOW under normal circumstances isn't something I need. My PS1 and PS2 both still work. My PS3 and PS4 are still hooked up as well. But I took time to test it on my uncle's Bravia when I visited his house since I didn't bring any systems. I must say I liked it very much. And now I see who this service is for. It's not for me, a person that owns their systems. It's for the people that don't.

So taking that into account combined with what I personally played and tested, I must say the service is golden. If I didn't have their PS systems already, I would get a subcription to this in a heartbeat.

Honestly, I don't really like the idea of a game rental service like this. If it were a subscription service that I could pay $20 a month for I would jump all over it. I just fear that if I get hooked on a game that I will be unable to actually purchase the game to play once the rental expires.

I really want to try PSNow out on my Vita, but I don't have the internet to do so according to the app when it ran a test. Oh well.

I haven't had the chance, but eventually I will. And so far, I'm looking forward to it. It seems to be quite the interesting service. So at least once, I'd like to try it out.

Honestly, I don't really like the idea of a game rental service like this. If it were a subscription service that I could pay $20 a month for I would jump all over it. I just fear that if I get hooked on a game that I will be unable to actually purchase the game to play once the rental expires.

You must not have been keeping up with the news. They already stared up the subscription version 2 months ago. It gives you about half the current PS NOW library and gets new things added every week.

You must not have been keeping up with the news. They already stared up the subscription version 2 months ago. It gives you about half the current PS NOW library and gets new things added every week.
You would be right that my focus has been shifted more to the PC over the past few months. I am going to have to give it a looksie because that would be totally amazing. Hopefully they have some of the games that I was interested in.

Well I would give it a go if I needed it to be used and also if I wanted to play games I would not be able to get and would like to save money just renting them. I think it will be good for, people who want to try games and not buy them yet as they cost more and will try the games and see how they go for them. I think it is a good service and, may try it one day as it does let you try games which you may not want to buy yet or want to see how the game plays and is it worth it.

I have used it, and I really like it. It's like Netflix for games, which is pretty sweet. I was lucky enough to sign up for the beta, and got to rent a few free games. None of them were very good, but I haven't rented a few that were awesome.

If you have a good connection it's great, but if your connection isn't good, it can be frustrating. I played Final Fantasy 13 on there, and the graphics would get all smudged or blurry when my connection wasn't good.

That's the main concern I have as well with PlayStation now. While my internet connection is very good, I don't know I'd trust it to be up to the standards I imagine this service would use?
Is there some sort of minimum specifications for the service?