Have you had an Xbox 360 RROD on you?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
So, I've owned an Xbox 360 for a couple of years now, somewhere around 5, and I got it after RROD problem went away. I've never really experienced any problems with my 360 yet, and I was just wondering how many of you had your console RROD on you. What did you do to fix it? Did you try any home methods like the towel method? Did you try opening up the 360 and repairing it yourself?

I never actually had a RRoD problem with my Xbox, but a friend of mine told me that repairing by yourself is a big risk. Using the towel method isn't that risky, but opening the Xbox to replace something with a penny, isn't the wisest choice; he fixes consoles, so he told me that the best thing to do is to take you Xbox to someone who actually knows what he is doing.

Reactions: YunaKazama26
No. Never. I guess I read too much articles on how to take care of your Xbox before I bought one (and followed it for the first few weeks to the dot) so I guess I evaded that RROD. I hope it will never happen. Anyway, it's a slim so I guess it was improved...slightly maybe by Microsoft (I've heard they fixed this with the Xbox One). My PS3 came first before my Xbox 360. The former was a gift from my parents while the latter is the first console I bought with my own money. I think my Xbox is only 2 years old now. I got a red light once on the power brick adapter thing and panicked (since it turned off for no reason) but I read online that it just needed to cool down and you have to prevent it from getting too much dust. So I did just that and wiped the vents. Never happened again. I did read articles about RROD to prepare myself and for prevention (hopefully). It's like what Sonjapunk mentioned. I agree that it's too risky to fix it yourself. I've read that you should never open your console by yourself. It's either have the experts in your neighborhood fix it or send it to Microsoft for repairs.

I have had it happen to me and I will tell you that it is something that I did not enjoy at all nothing like seeing you best friend go down like that. I really only had it happen to one of my consoles because the other one just stopped working and it never even powers on now so I think that something else may have gone wrong with it.

Luckily no, I have the newest slim model released sometime last year. It's been holding up pretty well for me thankfully and I haven't had any issues with my 360 thankfully. I'm kinda looking to get an xbox One in the near future though. My brother has had one since launch with no problems. :)

Never did. The first one I got back in '08 lasted a very long time, and not even once. I took care of it the best I could, and it paid off. It still alive even now after I upgraded it, and I have it still just for keeping's sake since it was my very first one. The years took a toll on it no doubt, but not once it was because of rrod or any other system failure. So I guess I'm one in that lucky crowd who fortunately never got to experience it.