Have you ever reported anyone in an online game?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Has anyone ever pushed your buttons so bad that you reported them? Maybe they hacked or cheated. Maybe they were using slurs or bullying someone else. There are many reasons why people report others on games. Have you ever felt like doing it or actually done it?

All the time, for general haet speech or jsut being a complete tool to people, or griefing.

I do it pretty often for major infringements like botting/racism/griefing. I don't think there's anything wrong with reporting people so long as you don't abuse the feature liberally.

Back when i played Runescape it would be my daily business reporting scrubs botting yew trees and other stuff. After that when i played a lot of Minecraft pvp with all the crazy hackers i would also report people daily. Now the only reporting i do is on League of Legends just to get rid of toxic players. As they are the ones that made a lot of people quit that game.

I know a lot of LoL players who just report because they lost from a person who's better. I only report hackers or cheaters, since that's really annoying when you're trying to be a good, honest player.

Yes, I do, a lot of the time in Dota 2. I only do it because they're either annoying, or not even doing anything to help, otherwise, I don't touch the report button.

I only do it with good reason, never to harass people.

Yeah, Tycoonie, I hear ya. I was doing some competitive PvP a while back, but at a certain level it seems that you get matched with nothing but cheaters. It's frustrating.

I did when I used to play Tibia, that game is infested by BOTs so it was impossible to not do so as a fair gameplayer. But then, I gave up cause people were clearly not going to do anything about it.

In League of Legends, I report people who show toxic behavior, who flame and feed all game long without a care in the world. It gets me annoyed that people purposely do this and stop trying after first blood is given. I rarely report, but it seems that I have been reporting more than I have in the past couple months than in the whole 2 years I've been playing. Everytime an enemy gets a kill, they feel the need to taunt and say "rekt" or "easy".

Has anyone ever pushed your buttons so bad that you reported them? Maybe they hacked or cheated. Maybe they were using slurs or bullying someone else. There are many reasons why people report others on games. Have you ever felt like doing it or actually done it?
I am an avid DotA 2 Player and YES, I report people all the time. Dota is a team game where one weak link in the team can cost you the game. If a person abandons a game, and we lose because of it, I report them. If they feed the other team ( allow the enemy to kill them to much) I report them. If a player on my team effects my game stats and my game in a negative way I certainly report them.

In addition, I also commend players quite regularly. If a player dominates the game and makes my game easier for me to play and win I commend them, if a player teaches me something i did not know before I commend them, if they are fun to play with I commend them. In Dota we have a 2 way street when it comes to reporting players, you can report them for bad conduct or commend them for good conduct. I gladly do both.

Yes, I do it all the time to racist, toxic players. Why should they be allowed to keep playing when they behave that way? There's a huge difference between making jokes and spewing poison. There's nothing funny or awesome about spewing hateful things about someone's race/sex/age. The world is a big place and if they want to get anywhere in it, they need to learn that people aren't going to put up with their behavior.

I mainly do it on LoL. I feel like it's really important to have a calm mind and be polite, especially when you're playing a team game, and being rude and unhelpful will not get you anywhere, nor will it make your situation any better. I think it's quite terrifying because most of these players are probably 12-14 year old kids, and just say these things to get a reaction. It's kind of sad, but I guess we all went through similar phases as an adolescent.

I have never really reported anyone because I have never really been pushed to that point. I had one guy one time though and he was really going overboard a lot and I was so close bit then I never did it I guess I didn't want to spoil it for someone.

I think I must have reported someone once or twice for constant spamming. To be fair, I don't think that was an actual person; it was likely a bot of some sort that slipped through. As far as people that I think are real, I don't think I've reported anyone like that in game.

WOW added the instant-report feature which also silences the person. I use that ALL the time on people who spam trade chat or who are selling illegal things. Normally I do it mainly to silence them, but knowing that the report is getting filed is an added bonus.

I don't report too much in videogames, but I do it all the time in Steam. Everyday a lot of phishers bots add me on Steam and they send malware links in chat. It's really annoying. I wish Valve could do something for this.