Have you ever hacked/cheated in a game?

Oh man, my little brother used to be SUCH a cheater when we were little, he was impossible. I used to get so pissed each time I caught him doing so, even more so when he bragged about being better than me (I was a sore loser AND I knew he was cheating, imagine my temper tantrums)

That said, I've always been a goodie-two-shoes when it comes to playing because I enjoy the satisfaction I get when I beat a game fair and square, if I cheat I feel kind of guilty inside because I know the success isn't totally mine.

That said, I've definitely cheated with GTA and Age of Empires/Mythology... I didn't harm anyone with those so they don't count lmao.

I'm of the opinion that cheating and hacking in games ain't the best way to prove that you're really good with a good with the game you play. This is the reason that cheating in any game that I played sucks. I've got some pals that feel that hacking and cheating in a game is cool, but then get bored with time since there is no competition in playing the game for them.

For that particular reason, I always advise my guys not to get invloved in cheating in games since its not really worth it at the end of the day.

Yes.

Back in the Halo 2 days I was in a community of super bouncers.
There were different clans who would post different bouncing montages and one guy posted a video called the Holy Grail.
Basically what it was was a series of super bounces to get to the tallest building on a map which seemed impossible....because it was.

Anyways, after he posted this video I modded my game. made my SMG jump me to get onto these buildings and then altered my jump.

I clipped the beginning bounces which were actually real with the modded jumps after already up on some building.

After releasing the video I basically became famous among the community because (I was only the 2nd person to ever do it and record it) lol.
After a few months I told everyone it was a fake and the original guy removed his so he didnt get any of the backlash :p

Well worth it Haha.

Yeah, but I usually do it at the end when I've finished the game or I'm just getting bored with it. It adds a different dimension and you just begin to look at every possibility there is in the game using various cheats available. I don't cheat/hack on online games or competitive games though.

Has anyone ever not cheated in at least one video game? I think cheating in games is an integral part of video game culture, as many video game developers even include cheat modes for players to use.

That being said, I think that cheating has a time and place. With regards to offline games, I always prefer to complete the story mode as intended without any cheats or help. Then once I've completed everything fairly, I'll start using cheats and mods just to add replayability to the game.

With regards to online games, there is never a time and place for cheating. People who cheat at online games are the bottom of the barrel, in my opinion, because while they might have fun giggling at how much grief they're causing everyone around them, they're ruining the game for everyone else.

I have hacked/ cheated on games, well the most common would be on Grand Theft Auto, who wouldn't cheat on this games? I mean isn't so much fun if you have the money and guns and try it out, well I mean it's a game you should have fun playing with it.
I also have cheated on some online games like ragnarok, in which before is a game for bots, I mean who doesn't play with a bot in that game, leveling up in that game was so hard and sometimes it wouldn't just take a day or two for you to level up.

Yup i usually go for the cheat codes, but i usually do this when i'm playing alone. It's very rude when cheating with multiple players specially with players that you really don't know in person. Cheating is not a bad thing in my opinion as long as you know when to use it.

I used to hack bot for some Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, because that time it is really hard to gain experience, level and to even save money, specially those years when MMORPG was a really big thing online, that it would really take most of your time just to be able to save up some money to get stronger.

Yes, I hacked the game Guitar Hero in Playstation before. I just wanted to have all the characters and guitars available at the game. I don't cheat the performance but I cheated only the aesthetics. I am not a player who cheats on the performance or a attribute that will affect the game.

I like to play games fair and square. I would never think of cheating. I don't know how to hack the game or know any hackers. Maybe I did try cheat codes for the old PS2 games (I actually had a cheat code book that came with a magazine) like for Twisted Metal games but that's it. No cheating and hacking for the other platforms, PC or not.
You just reechoed my thoughts I have never cheated on a game or take advantage of glitches maybe because I don't even know how to go about it.Even some cheat code don't work for me and I try to figure out things myself and I enjoy the mystery better.Try it figure it out to me is just the best feelings.

Yes, I used to play with cheats on GTA San Andreas, because its hard to finish each mission if you won't have a cheat.

I think I did but not that much. It was more for a game like Pokemon. Because catching Pokemon and getting specific attributes was really difficult and time consuming. So using cheats and hacks made it so much easier. But I think they're more strict now with that. So you can't just cheat for the latest game releases. :)

I think that everybody does cheat in games at some point when they are really desperate about completing a some sort of a level or to finish a mission or whatever it is in a certain game, but then that person isn't fully satisfied because he/she knows that a cheat for example a code has helped them.

I honestly cheated too. But never been happen again because it simply loses the purpose of the game. The feeling before searching for a bot , your'e eagerness to accomplish each mission. Then after looking for hacks on how to have all the skills for your character, you suddenly stop playing it coz feels like it doesn't make sense anymore. A desparate move but not so serious.

If you are familiar with the game GTA Vice City, you probably know what "leave me alone" means. I mean, yeah. I used cheats on playing games, but it was primarily for single player only. I had never used any form of cheats or hacks with multiplayer or online gaming. Well, I guess, the fact that I have no idea on how to use cheats in an online games makes me a novice on using it.

I have cheated in different games in the past. I remember growing up when I would play Mario Bros with my brother and some friends, I would press some codes that would increase the lives from three to as many as I can get. It used to be fun because I won't have to worry about having to manage just the 3 lives through all the stages to see the princess lol. But I feel anyone who is a professional wouldn't need to cheat in any game.

My brothers sometimes give me cheat codes to really get at games so if this is counter as a hacked,well I have but not hacking a game site for some dubious purpose.

Aren’t all the RAGING GAMERS? Tried to cheat a game that we like but cannot get over the hump haha.

I only cheat to those mobile games especially the cash cow king of games, the games that you need to bust out a credit card to be able to use the high level equipment and ammos that’s what i hate about this games today. But yeah i did cheat on mobile and even those pc games like gta vice city and counter strike having unlimited money haha making it rain buying all the high powered items.

But if it’s worth it to grind for the stuff that i need and make me fulfilled when i do unlock them i would not cheat.