Have you bought anything during the current Steam Exploration Sale?

Squigly

Undead Gamer
Registered
Nov 10, 2014
Lots of great deals, like Saints Row IV at 75% off and South Park at 66% off!

As tempting as these are I'm holding out till Winter Sale, as it is likely that the discounts will be the same and cheaper. Also going by past years there'll likely be an extra community event where you can earn trading cards from buying games, which means more money saved since the cards can be sold on the community market.

I am still considering to buy a few games. but im not sure just yet. The games i am interested in are on sale but they are not that cheap tbh. And like you said they might be a lot cheaper if i wait for winter sale. But yeah i have untill tomorrow to decide if im going to buy anything.

I didn't buy any games in this sale, because I'm waiting for the Winter sale also. There are some tempting games on the sale, but I want to wait until winter comes. I'll buy some games at that sale rather than this one, the games will probably be the same price or ever cheaper, so I don't think I'll lose a lot by waiting a little bit longer.

Crap I just made a thread for this and didn't even see this one woops.

I bought for myself Binding of Isaac Rebirth and got gifted Octodad and Castlevania Lord of Shadows.

Yeah, even though the deals are pretty good, often the Winter Sale deals are even better!
I also might buy some games from HumbleBundle because they're usually much cheaper than straight from Steam.
Plus I already have a ton of games I want to play in my account and they're just laying there because of my addiction to CS:GO... Sigh...

I'm trying to avoid buying games as I already have tons in my library. However, after much pestering, my friend has made me buy Bastion. I've started playing, and it seems quite slow at first, but he guarantees me that the story will pick up pace as it progresses. I don't have much regrets as it was quite cheap, and I feel it's a good thing that I'm expanding my horizons further in gaming.

Like many others have already stated, I am personally waiting for the winter sale. To be honest, I probably shouldn't buy anything.... I have plenty of games in my library that I haven't even played yet :p

Well, I have only bought two games so far. Shadow Warrior for 2.50€ and Saints Row IV: GOTCE for 7.5€. I didn't play the previous Shadow Warrior game, but friend recommended it to me, so I got it. I don't like it so much, but it's not a bad game, and for that price it's more than worth it. I don't even have enough words to say about Saints Row. I loved The Third. I loved how it didn't even try to be a serious game. It took everything from GTA and made it completely silly, but I loved it. The Third is my favorite game, especially co-op. Sadly, I don't have a buddy for IV. But, if you ever get the chance to get The Third or IV, if you haven't already, get it, they are so good!

I too am holding out. So far most of the games I'm interested in I already own. I'm just waiting to see if the Winter Sale is enticing enough for me to bite a few that I have been eyeing for the moment being. Steam is such a wallet killer haha.

Ended up not buying anything ;#. Lets hope the winter sale brings far cry 4 and ac unity, Or else i will have to pirate em. Im sorry ubisoft.

Ended up not buying anything ;#. Lets hope the winter sale brings far cry 4 and ac unity, Or else i will have to pirate em. Im sorry ubisoft.

I didn't buy anything and I'm not very worried at all. Hold the line - the winter sale is coming. Between the winter and summer sales, I have more games than I know what to do with. I still have a massive backlog of games from previous years that I've downloaded, installed and promptly forgotten about.

I'm not even talking about semi-fun casual indie games - I'm talking about full blown blockbusters like Fallout, Bioshock and the Farcry that have just been sitting in my library collecting e-dust!

While I don't agree with piracy (anymore; it's funny how perspectives change when I went from broke teenager to employed adult), I do agree that Ubisoft needs to take a hint that their games are really starting to get bad. Between their DRM (I loathe uPlay) and buggy pushed releases, it's really a contest between EA and Ubisoft for most evil game producer.

I purchased Dishonored for $5, which seems like a great deal to me. I've been wanting to play it for quite some time now, but it was never a priority because it was around $30 I think... not sure, but it was 75% off so I thought, "why not?"
Much like others, I'm waiting for the winter sale. I'm sure the deals will be even lower, and to be honest, there aren't that many games out on Steam right now that I need that I don't already own. The only one I want now is DA: Inquisition, and that can wait.

Dishonored is on my list of games that I've bought and proceeded to neglect. I got a little bit further in this than most though, spending an hour or two before proclaiming "this is a great game, I'll spend some more time on it!" and then never launching it again.

I agree though, there's really not a lot of games that are piquing my interest at this point. I'll see what comes around during the winter sale, but otherwise it might be a quiet year for my Steam account.

Dishonored is on my list of games that I've bought and proceeded to neglect. I got a little bit further in this than most though, spending an hour or two before proclaiming "this is a great game, I'll spend some more time on it!" and then never launching it again.

I agree though, there's really not a lot of games that are piquing my interest at this point. I'll see what comes around during the winter sale, but otherwise it might be a quiet year for my Steam account.

Dishonored is a pretty good game, definitely give it a run through if you haven't. Personally I found it to be more fun than other stealth/assassination games like AC.

While I don't agree with piracy (anymore; it's funny how perspectives change when I went from broke teenager to employed adult), I do agree that Ubisoft needs to take a hint that their games are really starting to get bad. Between their DRM (I loathe uPlay) and buggy pushed releases, it's really a contest between EA and Ubisoft for most evil game producer.
Ye gotta agree, Like you said i am a broke teenager and i just cant afford to purchase 60 euro games every month or multiple times. And when it comes to the pushed games you are totally right. when i played Blackflag Some moments i could see the skeletons but not the persons that were talking.

Dishonored is a pretty good game, definitely give it a run through if you haven't. Personally I found it to be more fun than other stealth/assassination games like AC.

Yeah, the mechanics were appealing, I just have a habit of dropping games and then never coming back to them. I STILL haven't finished Half-Life 2. I'm literally 30 minutes from the ending and yet I just left it. Now it's like "wow, it's so old, is it even worth it?"