Halo 5- Guardians

glen

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
So with The Master Chief Collection and Guardians right around the corner, what are you opinions?

I've been in love with the Halo series for quite a while now, though I feel that Halo: Reach was fairly weak. The developers redeemed themselves through Halo 4, which is pretty great, though I feel that there is not as much people playing it anymore. So now my expectations for Guardians is pretty high, and I am hyped! How about you?

Are you crazy? Halo 4 was a move closer to CoD and other FPS games. The game had a nonsense story and tried to hard to take the feel from other games in multiplayer to make things more fast paced and frenetic. Guardians will undoubtedly be a far superior game to Halo 4, but 4 was nothing special by any stretch of the imagination. It came with heavy anticipation and then quickly burned off a large portion of players in multiplayer within months.

Are you crazy? Halo 4 was a move closer to CoD and other FPS games. The game had a nonsense story and tried to hard to take the feel from other games in multiplayer to make things more fast paced and frenetic. Guardians will undoubtedly be a far superior game to Halo 4, but 4 was nothing special by any stretch of the imagination. It came with heavy anticipation and then quickly burned off a large portion of players in multiplayer within months.
Yes, the campaign was not the best, I agree. But the overall game did feel like a good step forward from Halo Reach and Halo 3. I really enjoy the unique experience that Halo has to put itself aside from other FPS games, and I feel that Halo 4 had a nice blend. The traditional Halo traits really went well with a frantic feeling, at least in my opinion. My expectations for Halo 5 are pretty high, and hopefully it'll satisfy the community and bring back players.

I just got my code and am downloading it now. I'm going into this cautiously optimistic for Halo 5, that said, I'm going to say now that ADS needs to go and it will take a lot for me to change that stance. From what I've heard of it, it doesn't sound like it will bring anything to Halo and its mere existence breaks Canon.

I'm hopefull that they have finally fixed Sprint by both making it an ability that everyone has on top of adding in negative effects such as delayed shield recharge and auto-knockout of sprint if shot while engaging it. Anyways, I'm pumped!

In my opinion, Halo 5 will be the turning point in the Halo series, as it's the last change I'm willing to give 343. If the game has same kind of problems as Master Chief collection, I'm officially done with the series. In the beta test they ran in January, the game felt pretty good, but it has some things that need to be changed. The sprinting is kinda ridiculous, and I hope they would tune it down a bit. Also the beta didn't run as smooth as it should have. It was the beta after all, but they have A LOT of work to do to get the game done.

I am sad that Bungie left Halo. I understand why they did, and I feel like Destiny will end up being an amazing game. I just hope that 343 picks up the ball pretty soon. The servers have kind of sucked lately and Halo 4 was kind of just a flop story wise. They are getting people to come back just to see what happens to Cortana. I always like to give companies a chance. Maybe they were just getting into it and trying to figure out which direction to take it. We will see. I liked the MCC.