Halo 3 visuals

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
This has probably been touched on before, but is anyone else underwhelmed by the visuals of Halo 3 like I am? I am not wowed at all by the visuals being shown. I mean, true, Halo has never been the best looking game out there, but it's always held its own on XB. And I know it's still in development, but games like GoW, GRAW, Oblivion, R6V, PGR3, & FNR3 have looked fantastic when the very first screens were shown. I even think games like Condemned, RRXX, The Outfit, Full Auto, & Saint's Row look better. Maybe it's being rushed too much. I haven't been reading up on H3 so maybe they have some major overhauling planned that I don't know about. Hopefully this beta will put my fears to rest.

I see no need for worry, yet it still has a long way to go, November is the release date if I'm not mistaken, and you know what peoples, Graphics do not make a game, just look at the original Deus Ex.

kurruption said:
I see no need for worry, yet it still has a long way to go, November is the release date if I'm not mistaken, and you know what peoples, Graphics do not make a game, just look at the original Deus Ex.

Agreed. In the end it all about how good the game play is not how Halo looks. I was never wowed by graphics and have never purchased a game because it looked good. Yesterday I got Contra 3 on my VC and Paper boy at live arcade and played them for hours without even thinking about how they looked.

Graphics are spoiling ppl now a days. Now that thunder has is own Contra he can stop coming over my house and playing hours on end.....even tho he pull that crap last night..............But I just got Streets of Rage, I mean come on classic. Devil May Cry 3 did not have Super UBER grphics it looked nice. But the game play was the best.

Bungie has definitely stressed that everything so far is not the final version. Wait until summer, that's when the true version will be complete (they have to have the following months to send it to production so all of us can get one...... right).

well though they have set for it to come out this summer, knowing buingie they will have a game that would be good, but theyll push it back and come out with a work of art, ive seen the trailers and they look amazing and give me goose bumps, so i cant wait to see the completed thing, and if they make the game play as better than or even as good as the previous 2, halo 3 will be a work of art in the gameing world, i just hope that the series doesnt die with halo 3, i know they're making halo wars, but can they pull off an rpg based on an fps is my question, i sure as heck hope so.

an rpg might be tough given the world they've created. You probably couldn't go with your main character being the Master Chief or another Spartan. Keeping the same villains and backdrop might work, though. How about a kid that sees a Spartan die and gleans something from him? The game could be about him getting to the point of being a warrior like a Spartan. The trouble is, there is no magic or magic-like things to play with in the Halo universe. Tough question.

ok, i havent really heard to much about halo wars, ive just seen the trailer and read the short bit that was in gameinformer, so i have no idea what ur talkin about with the kid thing if its even pert f the game, but really they shouldnt stop at halo 3, since there r 7 halo rings and only 1 of them have been destroyed, and i personaly want them to make it so that they all get destroyed, cause well it would kinda end the entire original story in a way, and i think they should bring the other spartans that survived reach in in halo 3, cause ive read the books, well im reading ghosts of onyx, and there r ..lets see LINDA, FRED, KELLY, AND KURT, plus the new spartans which r nowere near as good as the spartan 2's, who agrees with me?