Guitar Controllers

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
I think the GHIII guitar is the best. I am not a fan of the Rock Band guitar because i think the buttons are too difficult to hit. GHII aint bad, but the wammy bar sucks.

Did you see the official Rock Band fog machine and light machine? No, i am not making that up.

The new Rock Band 2 guitar is pretty solid. Though it has no "clicky" action, it does have hard stops on the up and down stroke which makes it much better to play. Furthermore, it does a pretty damn good job of calibrating itself...though I still think using the drums for calibration is about the best method.

I'd take the RB guitar over the GH3 one. My only real problem with the RB guitar controller is that the strum bar needs some kind of feed back, but I hear the new one for RB2 fixes that.

Having used (and owning) both of them, I can honestly say that fir high-level GH/RB play, nothing beats the Les Paul in terms of functionality. The buttons are spaced just right, the strum gives great feedback, and the select button is positioned just so for immediate activation of Star Power, given you've gotten the hang of activating it using the palm method while playing.

This isn't to say that the Fender isn't well made, it is. The buttons may be just a tad too clicky, but the strum is solid (and fast), the solo buttons are a nice touch, and it simply looks great overall.

Perfect for casuals. I just wouldn't recommend it if you're going for FCs or Squeezes.

GH3 guitar gets my vote.

I played around with them at E3, and they were the same. They just look fucking badass. The Hoffner bass that comes with the bundle is among the best-looking peripherals I've ever seen.

I often miss Guitar Hero and Rock Band so I am very happy that Epic Games and Fortnite have released their version of those games which is called Fortnite Festival.

Played the same way as Guitar Hero and Rock Band but using your controller or keyboard and mouse at the moment. I have heard that PDP is working on a guitar controller and they will have an announcement in 2024.