GTA V: Rockstar Banhammer

bavinnie

Registered
May 6, 2015
So for anyone who hasn't heard by now, Rockstar has modified their EULA and has started banning players for modding GTA V off of the online servers, now this doesn't sound too bad at face value, under the assumption that this is strictly for unfair multiplayer mods that would, in theory be ruining the online scene. But in reality they are banning anyone using any mods whether they be game-breaking or not, and more importantly whether they are strictly for single-player or not. It's very curious that they are taking this route right now after they went on and on prior to PC Release about how they are excited to get onto the PC platform because the gaming community there likes to take their favorite games and modify and create new content, keeping it alive for years to come.

I'm sure Rockstar will soften up its stance sooner or later, probably later. Most of us players have known about this by day two of the first mod being released because the mods were patched starting almost immediately. It's quite annoying that GTA V has no mod support because of Rockstar's bans, and yet GTA IV had tons of support with minimal interference from Rockstar.

They just released a stament saying that you shouldn't worry about using mods in SP. I really hope they stand by their word.

They should have had this policy up way in advance of any type of competitive multiplayer game. It is just the nature of the beast.. and they should have realized that with so much modding in IV that it would cross-over to V.

They just released a stament saying that you shouldn't worry about using mods in SP. I really hope they stand by their word.
They did ban many players previously for using single-player mods though, I'm not sure if their bans have already been lifted. As someone who played GTA IV mods pretty extensively I would be happy to see the ban be lifted entirely. It's generating plenty of negative publicity on an otherwise highly successful PC release.

Well I can't disagree with Rockstar for their stance on banning mods. A lot of players cheat using these mods and so to have a level playing field it is best to ban these mods or Rockstar could release the only mods that are approved for the game.