Goat Simulator MMO

dpatel304

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
Cult hit Goat Simulator will receive a free expansion later this month that will transform the release into a massively multiplayer online game, developer Coffee Stain Studios revealed today.

The new expansion promises to offer faction warfare between goats and sheep, along with numerous quests. Players can additionally choose to play one of five available classes, including Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave, with a level cap of 101. A gameplay trailer is available below.

The MMO-styled release launches on Nov. 20 as free downloadable content through Steam for those who already own the original title on Windows PC. Goat MMO Simulator will also be playable on Mac and Linux with full controller support.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/17/7233171/goat-simulator-free-mmo

Any of you guys have a chance to play this game? It is as ridiculous as it looks. A friend of mine saw it on sale and bought it. Unfortunately, we only messed around with it for a few hours that day and haven't touched it since. I'm sure we'll try it again when it goes MMO. The trailer looks pretty crazy, and the 'microwave' class is insanity.

Not really dying to play this game or anything, but I just posted this because I thought it was cool that they are offering this DLC for free. I'm sure they'll get a good amount of sales for it from this, but I'm glad they aren't trying to nickel and dime consumers by charging for the MMO DLC or charge monthly. Good for them.

Woah this looks crazy. Considering I bought goat simulator for 5 dollars during the sale, I'd say that this free expansion would make the purchase well worth it!

If it was already not crazy enough. Where did they get this MOO idea? It' really surreal to be honest. Let's see what they manage to do with it. I have heard that it;s going to be free. Am I right?

Woah this looks crazy. Considering I bought goat simulator for 5 dollars during the sale, I'd say that this free expansion would make the purchase well worth it!

Lol.. that's a pretty good deal for you. I don't know about you, but GOAT simulator was a nice, difference experience, it just wasn't something I could see myself putting serious hours into.

I wonder if the developers now see the potential in this game and will actually churn out a good MMO. Or if they are just going to doing a very simple, quick and easy addition that will not change the game too much. I honestly don't think people will complain either way. Expectations are pretty low for the game, so if they just lazily add a MMO component, no harm no foul. It would be kinda nice if they surprised us and turned this joke game into something that actually had some great gameplay.

If it was already not crazy enough. Where did they get this MOO idea? It' really surreal to be honest. Let's see what they manage to do with it. I have heard that it;s going to be free. Am I right?

Yes, free is correct, which is great on their part. If you watch the youtube video, it looks like a lot of people were commenting on social media asking for an MMO. I'm sure most of them were joke posts, but it looks like they got their wish.

This game could really be fun if they put enough of work into it, because a lot of people like the normal Goat Simulator. The people that asked for the Goat Simulator MMO really got what they were asking lol. Let's wait and see if the game will be good or bad.

Well, I have to say that I am surprised by this. After watching gameplay videos of the base game, I just thought that it was a cash grab or as some people called it "youtuber bait", meaning it was made only for people to record some funny let's plays and say "look at this weird game" and that's pretty much it. But to continue to support the game and have so much more content for FREE, now that is good business practice.

Haha I just saw this game on sale in Wal-Mart. I have no idea what it's about, but I can't lie it intrigues the hell out of me. I can't believe it's an MMO though...what can the objectives be?

Well, I have to say that I am surprised by this. After watching gameplay videos of the base game, I just thought that it was a cash grab or as some people called it "youtuber bait", meaning it was made only for people to record some funny let's plays and say "look at this weird game" and that's pretty much it. But to continue to support the game and have so much more content for FREE, now that is good business practice.

I don't think the original was really meant to be a cash grab. I think the game was made internally for the developers just to test and mess around with their physics engine. I guess that particular tech demo gained enough popularity to where people demanded it as a full game. They did sell it for a price, but it was never intended to be sold to the public. It was just a tech demo that happened to be really popular and that's why the devs released it. I guess they didn't realize how popular it would be which is maybe why they kept it so glitchy. Or they figured that would be part of the appeal. Anyway, I agree, good for them for offering it for free. I know they aren't entirely doing it from the kindness of their heart, since this announcement will net them quite a few additional sales.