Go DS!

Never mind PSP, take that EVERY OTHER GAMING DEVICE OUT THERE!

You folks realize that with DS being in the most homes, that drastically increases the likelihood of Wii being number one as well.

Nintendo's marketing execs are no slouches, they WILL use the DS (particularly the DS Lite) as a marketing portal for Wii. Expect to see a zillion ads about how well the devices work together hit billboards, magazines and screens this September.

You can Pocket that.

Wow so i guess that the mighty PSP is no match for the DS and DS lite. But wait it's the same freaking system and they are out selling the PSP. HAHAHAHAHAHAH I think i'll go play Brian Age or mario kart on my DS Lite

It's not as if it's a surprise. Nintendo always has dominated the portable market. And I will say it again: I doubt Sony tried to dethrone Nintendo. They sold a bunch of units, and they made some money. They are happy. PSP ain't no N-Gage :p. I am pretty sure the only record Nintendo broke of game console units sold was um...it's own. Y'know the GBA? And before that probably the GBC. lol so either way had they not broken the record it'd still be a slap in the face to every other portable.

Yeah, it's good that Nintendo finally broke some kinda record...

God knows they don't do anything in the console area. Even though the Cube was a good console...cmon.

spudlyff8fan said:
Yeah, it's good that Nintendo finally broke some kinda record...

God knows they don't do anything in the console area. Even though the Cube was a good console...cmon.
They've made two mistakes in the console world:

The N64 and the GameCube, although people would counter the GameCube one, I don't see people standing up for the N64 (except for Mario 64, GoldenEye and them wrassling games).

I shall point out that despite my enjoyment of all things portable in the nintendo world and my excitement over the Wii, the Virtual Boy was a failure of monumental proportions.

Taku said:
It's not as if it's a surprise. Nintendo always has dominated the portable market. And I will say it again: I doubt Sony tried to dethrone Nintendo. They sold a bunch of units, and they made some money. They are happy. PSP ain't no N-Gage :p. I am pretty sure the only record Nintendo broke of game console units sold was um...it's own. Y'know the GBA? And before that probably the GBC. lol so either way had they not broken the record it'd still be a slap in the face to every other portable.

I must say Taku, that the dancing Ninja off to the left are breakin some hot azz moves.

1...2...Step...Kick It To The Left!!!

Nintendo has been breaking records since it has been in existance. The DS Lite is very very tiny and I tried playing it a few times....and I don't know-I think I need something that I know is in my hand or my back pocket. LOL!

Nintendo only has one record...that's it. But the Cube is, objectively, a decent console. I'd put it on the same tier as Xbox and SNES.