Gdc 08

gillman

PC Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2005
Probably at Work
www.varms.net
Microsoft still backing HD-DVD?!?!?!

Intel has an awesome swag bag? Intel throws good parties?

OK, nothing really good has happened yet but good stuff will probably happen.

Well, the HD-DVD thing does go with the theory that Microsoft is backing a format they know will fail just to stall things long enough so that people get the idea that downloading movies as rentals is a better idea.

I dunno, with the HD-DVD falling THIS fast, I don't see how they could throw up a digital distrubution setup by the time it hits the ground.

Rumors are that Netflix and Microsoft are getting together for that. (Netflx already has a system in place for almost all of their movies, and Microsoft might be pushing that as the paid part of Live).

Another awesome GDC rumor floating around, FF13 isn't coming out until 2010.

Also Too Human has totally pulled everything back together and is looking awesome.

Gears of War 2 is making big splashes. Ninja Gaiden, Lego Batman, Street Fighter 4? Pretty good lineup, IMO.

You can finally download XNA games. It is a giant list of steps that you have to go through, and they are rather confusing and kind of super easy to mess up but you can do it.

Most of the ones that are out now kind of suck, but the one that you have to play mulitplayer is fun, although it is broken and then there is the one that is about a undead samuri dish washer that is awesome. The other ones kind of just suck.

Cliffy B. said Gears 1 was an appetizer. I can't wait for Gears 2.

And yeah Gillman, Dishwasher is an awesome game, I like it more than Alien Hominid. The final version should be much better than the demo too.