Gauntlet - $14.99 on Steam - $44.99 for 4-pack! (WAIT FOR REPEAT SALE)

nonsiccus

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
http://store.steampowered.com/app/258970/

This WAS $9.99 for 1 copy, and $29.99 for 4 when it was on the daily sale. It will likely come back around at the end of the winter sale when they put everything back up. You might want to wait for that!

This is a modern reboot of the classic game Gauntlet Legends. It's one of the forefathers of the rogue-like dungeon crawlers where the objective is to slowly hack and slash your way through multiple levels of procedurally generated dungeons. This game provides you with four classes with a variety of skills to facilitate great multiplayer co-op gameplay.

The best part is that you can now play this co-op both online and locally. It's a great game to sit down to over the holidays and spend some quality time with friends and/or family. I highly recommend it.

The grandfather of Diablo. Kill a billion enemies randomly for no reason except they keep you from walking where you want to go. I haven´t played Guantlet in a long time, I wonder how much of my love for the game is just nostalgia.

Gauntlet is actually on my wishlist and I'm so pissed I didn't get it during the holiday sale. I remember playing Gauntlet Legends on PlayStation so I know I will enjoy this as long as the gameplay stays the same. That's the main reason that I'm still going to buy it.

The gameplay got better IMO. The skills are much more in-depth and their use has become a little more strategic than just a button mashing spamfest. Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of skill spamming but it can actually get pretty difficult if you don't work together or chain your skills properly.

The wizard's gameplay is really cool - you "mix" spells together in the same way as Magicka which is developed by the same team.

Man I remember Gauntlet on the N64, playing with 2 other buddies and just having a blast. Sure it was a bit repetitive, but it was just plain fun.

I am semi interested in the updated version. The graphics look pretty good, and it seemed to get pretty good user reviews. I may purchase!

It would be an interesting purchase. Can't wait to try it later on. If it is anything like the old version, then i'm sold!

Looks fun. It reminds me of Magicka game, with some humor in it ;) I think I will try this game later, but for now I can't really spend money on games for some reasons.