Games you'd like to see.

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Post game ideas here. Be as creative and innovative as you can. And keep in mind emerging technology!

This idea was inspired by the Katamari series of games. When I played We <3 Katamari, I was astounded at how the scale of things was able to change without losing any physics. That impressed me a lot.

Now if that was possible on PS2, then surely any of the new consoles should be able to do it better, with more detailed artwork.

The game I'd like to see would be an open-ended adventure game in which you play as a giant. You start off as a young giant though, (and in this game, young giants would be tiny, pebble sized creatures), and as you completed quests, you would grow. The game would continue until you were enormous. Say, big enough to walk around the world in a day (with the sea only coming up to your waist or so). As you grow, new quests become possible, but the old ones from when you were small would still be possible, you'd just have to do them differently. So depending on the order of the quests, the game could be different every time.

I'd also add a bit of a personality chart aspect in there, so your actions would determine your personality and how people reacted to you. I.e. are you a friendly giant or a colossal terror?

this is a good thread.

your giant game sounds like something i'd like to play. like one of those games that takes months to complete and missions like protecting a small village from some giant sized monster.

here's my idea:

it would be a side scrolling, 4 player rpg, like a mix between guardian heroes and river city ransom. or a better example would be zelda 2: the adventures of link for the nes. where everything is on a 2d plan like viewtiful joe, execpt for the world map. the purpose of having it on a 2d plane is so you can do fighting game style combos and moves, and you learn stronger moves as you level up. and you'd have to hold down a shoulder button or something to prevent from turning around when pushing the backwards on the dpad, so that you can do half circle motions without fear of... um...turning around.

i would also like to see a traditional rpg with a battle system that resembles a 2d fighter. where like you're walking around on the 3d terrain and then ::whuuurrsshh:: transition to random battle, and it's a tag format (your other party members can switch in and out MVC2 style)2 round match. sorta like that capcom X namco game.

I always wanted to see a WWII game thats like Rome Total War, where you can command units and move them, then engage and command troops in battle but then able to assume the role of anyone of your units and take the battle into FPS mode, and make it like Call of Duty. It sounds like alot, but you can make it like where you can only go into FPS mode on a squad with a certain mission objective Heres a example.

" You are commanding and moving your troups into their battle postions. From there you are able to assign certain battalions or squads certain mission objectives. From there you can either have the option of either a commanding from there it will be RTS mode like Rome Total War where you command troups in real time or you can go and play as the leader of that certain squad. Where even there you can use a situational awarness feature like what is on Brothers in Arms, to command that certain squad in the heat of battle."

There can also be online play where it can have either FPS deathmatch battles or Command and Conquer battles. Im am positive that with the right programing and fine tuning a PC or next gen console can process something like that. But I realize that would take some uber-1337 programing team to be able to make something like that a reality.

A boxing game. Over-the-shoulder view. Pressure sensitivity on the L and R triggers (meaning you'd need a Cube or Xbox/360 controller) would determine windup and type of punch. Left stick for moving. Right stick for weaving. Great game right there.

spudlyff8fan said:
A boxing game. Over-the-shoulder view. Pressure sensitivity on the L and R triggers (meaning you'd need a Cube or Xbox/360 controller) would determine windup and type of punch. Left stick for moving. Right stick for weaving. Great game right there.
I think the same thing, but with Wii controller where you ACTUALLY punch, and you ACTUALLY bob and weave.

The Wii controller wouldn't be able to sense you weaving unless you strapped one to your head and chest with one on each hand.

I need a new Double Dragon game!!!!!!!!!........I've begged and pleaded for years, now Damnit, they better listen.......maybe it will be on the Wii's Virtual Console, at least give me that Nintendo, will ya??

A Boondock Saints game should definitely make the list. It could be done as a FPS or similar to Oblivion's vanity view.

You would start out by playing the movie's story as the two Irish guys and a small part as Rocko. You start by taking out the low level thugs and work your way up. The higher up you go, the more elaborate your schemes get. So instead of kicking in the doors and shooting the place up, you might have to go in a certain times, arrange for capturing someone who has the code to where the baddies will be, or even puzzling out how to sneak into something ultra-secure (like a courthouse). You would get The Duke at the end of that sequence and then the real game begins.

Moving from city to city, you have to take out the various gangs. By this time, you've more than upset the Italians and Russians, and the more you do, the more heat they send. Of course you will get info, leads, and some assistance from your connections with the FBI and police. Weapons and upgrades are available at select locations. And the funds will depend on not only who you choose to take out, but when. Knock someone off on the street and you get what's in their pockets. Take them out in the middle of a drug deal where they have $200,000 in cash... You will have to keep moving and as you go, your following grows. Let's say you go back home, you'll have a strong following and they can provide safe houses, leads, some supplies. Kill women and children and the game's over (their code demands it).

They should make a solid Bleach game. Totally 3D. And it should definitely not be done by Bandai (As Bandai seems to make most of the anime games, Naruto etc.)

I'd like to see a REALLY GOOD MMO or even a single-player, Oblivion-esque RPG based on Michael Moorcock's "Elric" series. Players could either explore Moorcock's incredibly well-detailed fantasty world or could take up sides in the war between Law and Chaos, using sorcery, summoned Elementals and otherworldly allies, ride dragons, dabble in Melbonean sorcery and maybe even win the favor of the fickle Chaos Gods themselves. In order to capture the grand feel of the novels and short stories, large scale naval and ground wars would have to be recreated, using large numbers of AI-controlled NPC actors as "stand-ins". Art direction and interesting character design would be key here - I'd recommend hiring all of what used to be Bioware for it - they've proven (with their excellent Neverwinter Nights series) that they can use an existing fantasy franchise and turn it into gaming gold. Both an MMO and a single-player RPG has enormous potential. If a single-player game, it would feature the ability to form an adventuring party of up to 8 players on the fly via LAN or web, and of course, if single player, a robust tool kit should be included.

Hell, why not ask that the game have a 12-carat, uncut diamond in the box as well? If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner, hiolding my breath until it's released. :cookiemon

PS - I'd buy Jonas' Boondock Saints game. Heh.

I'd like to see a remake of KOTOR 2. One with an actual ending perhaps. Not those crappy explanations from the final boss and an unfinished final level. That just plain sucked.

I heard the next one is supposed to deal with the real Sith, the race of Sith not the humanoid followers. I'm cool with an open ending, but not too open. It might be nice to have either the real sith attack again or an entire colony or large group of people to end up out there in real sith territory with new planets having new plant and life forms. The Physx chip could work wonders with playing with gravity or having things sink into mud (think the X-wing scene on Dagoba). And having it happen outside of the main galaxy would allow them to go wild with the story because you can't mess up a continuity that doesn't exist.

silent_storm said:
YES! Thank you Katie. What the hell was Obsidian thinking?
Bioware should have have done that game.

It wasn't entirely Obsidian's fault. They were under time constraint pressures from Lucasarts who apparently pushed real hard to get the title out by Christmas (forgetting, perhaps, that the first KOTOR was a bestseller that came out during the SUMMER). While I enjoyed the mechanics of the game and some memorable story elements, a lot of it seemed empty and unfinished because Obsidian had to cut a number of things to make Lucasarts' insane schedule demands.

Also, I would have liked it if the sidequest in KOTOR 2 to track down the HK droid factory had been left in the title.

Yes, I was so confused when I found the door leading to what should have been HK's factory (or clues leading to it). I just KNEW something important was on the other side.

i heard lucas arts has stopped letting the people who made KOTOR, for some stupid reason, and so the people who made it ( i dont know the company name) decided to make the game like KOTOR that is for the 360.

Grantastic85 said:
i heard lucas arts has stopped letting the people who made KOTOR, for some stupid reason, and so the people who made it ( i dont know the company name) decided to make the game like KOTOR that is for the 360.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I assume you were stating that Lucasarts stopped allowing Bioware from making KOTOR 3? This, of course, isn't true as Bioware relinquished KOTOR 2 to Obsidian anyway long before because they wanted to go forward with their own franchises, such as Jade Empire and including Mass Effect coming to the 360.

Lucasarts stopped all preliminary work on KOTOR 3 at some point during a major restructuring of the company a while back (much of the department at Lucasarts laying the groundwork for KOTOR 3 were let go). Obsidian, at this point, has been quite busy with Neverwinter Nights 2 for the PC, so no one responsible for the KOTOR franchise has been involved with it at this point (at least publicly).