Games to look out for?

I'm looking forwards to Dying Light, and Dead Island 3! I absolutely love zombie games, and these 2 look amazing! Dying Light, I'm loving the open world and the free range of motion you get with it, plus, I love the idea of being able to choose to do side missions, etc. Now,for the newest Dead Island, well, the first 2 i've absolutely loved, and from the trailer it looks even better than the first 2, so not much needs to be said for this one!

I'm really hoping for the new Final Fantasy game to live up to the hype associated with it. If it turns out to be anything the opposite of how Final Fantasy XIII was I will be ecstatic. To me FFXIII was just a movie with battle portions thrown between, and while it was a good game to relax and play, it wasn't at all what I was hoping for. Also Mortal Kombat X looks like it has potential, but we'll have to wait and see how that goes as well.

Reactions: Shimus
If your a soccer fan FIFA 16 and PES are going to be amazing this year now that Konami have upped their game EA are going to have to actually improve their game instead of just slightly tweaking it each year. If your more into FPS, there's the next installment of the Call of Duty franchise, I've not played the latest one Advanced Warfare but it's gotten pretty good reviews and they're taking the franchise in a completely different direction to a more futuristic setting.

What about Witcher 3? I was looking forward to Dying Light, but those mediocre reviews turned me off for good. I will see if I really want to play that game. One the other hand, I am pretty pumped up about The Witcher 3 and GTA V on PC.
Also excited for Witcher 3. An amazing series of games with an awesome fantasy world. Unfortunately I'm not sure if my current set up can handle it. Maybe an excuse to upgrade?

I'm really hoping for the new Final Fantasy game to live up to the hype associated with it. If it turns out to be anything the opposite of how Final Fantasy XIII was I will be ecstatic. To me FFXIII was just a movie with battle portions thrown between, and while it was a good game to relax and play, it wasn't at all what I was hoping for. Also Mortal Kombat X looks like it has potential, but we'll have to wait and see how that goes as well.

I loved 13 as much as people cut it down for the exact reasons you listed it. After all those open ended control turn based games, the active systems came out from 12 onwards, but 13 decided to throw the turn based back in there slightly with paradigm shifting. The cinematics made it feel like a movie. This was fun but not what I ultimately enjoy. The story was good enough and the areas were likable though.

The next one looks to be a huge world and they said they even give you a vehicle off the bat because it's so huge you literally can't explore it all on foot. Here's a teaser trailer:

FFXV E3:

The gameplay looks so fluid and so smooth. The voice actors give me chills, one of my favorites is in there.

If your a soccer fan FIFA 16 and PES are going to be amazing this year now that Konami have upped their game EA are going to have to actually improve their game instead of just slightly tweaking it each year. If your more into FPS, there's the next installment of the Call of Duty franchise, I've not played the latest one Advanced Warfare but it's gotten pretty good reviews and they're taking the franchise in a completely different direction to a more futuristic setting.
The biggest advantage FIFA has over PES is the licensing which is a big deal for many, myself included. Fortunately, FIFA continues to put out a high quality product each year and is why it continues to be my favorite sports franchise.

I loved 13 as much as people cut it down for the exact reasons you listed it. After all those open ended control turn based games, the active systems came out from 12 onwards, but 13 decided to throw the turn based back in there slightly with paradigm shifting. The cinematics made it feel like a movie. This was fun but not what I ultimately enjoy. The story was good enough and the areas were likable though.

The next one looks to be a huge world and they said they even give you a vehicle off the bat because it's so huge you literally can't explore it all on foot. Here's a teaser trailer:

FFXV E3:

The gameplay looks so fluid and so smooth. The voice actors give me chills, one of my favorites is in there.

That game trailer reminds me of something like a Final Fantasy meets Bioshock Infinite meets Ninja Gaiden, and I kind of have an erection now. But in all seriousness, that was a very compelling trailer and I know as far as I'm concerned, as long as they stray away from the Point A to Point B style maps that XIII had, I will be happy as a clam. I really needed some exploration in XIII that I didn't get and this sounds like it will deliver. Is there a release date on this yet?

No release dates on the actual game, however there is talk about their beta stage and when they'll come active. Here's another view from FFXV, an actual "Gameplay" trailer, so to speak.

I heard Grey and Natsu's voice actor from Fairy Tail in the opening too, as well as Hughes from FMA. So many good voice actors.

FFXV E3:

I'm looking forward to FF too. I haven't played any of the newer ones but I'm keeping them in my backlog. I just hope they don't take too long to finish because I'd love to play each one of the old ones first before jumping onto the newest one just so it doesn't spoil my experience of the older ones too much.

They are all quite interchangable though, you don't need to play one to play the others unless you can straight tell it has a sequel like 10-2 or 13-2. 12 is fun, I like their bounty hunting, story, and character world. Plus gambits were a cool system, I had my party running super efficiently. 13 is more of like a playable cinematic/movie, never really developing on some paths I thought necessary but overall was a decent experience. 13-2 was an interesting concept too, with time jumping, parallel world theories flying, and having to locate all those fragments throughout time was a fun process, reclosing and opening worlds to try new combos.

Most people cut it down but I found it highly enjoyable, even more so than 13 itself. And it was a sequel. 14 is Online and I still love it and advocate it if you can play/like MMOS and have 15 bucks a month to blow. It's definitely a Square-Enix caliber game.

One game I am looking forward to is the new Star Wars Battlefront game being made by DICE. If you don't know who DICE is, it's the company who made Battlefield. There is already multiple Star Wars Battlefront game, which were all great. There is two games that were released for the pc, the PS2, and the original Xbox. Then there were a few more for the PSP and the Nintendo DS. I found them all enjoyable, even though the DS versions weren't very close to the other systems in terms of gameplay. It's a great game to look out for. It is going to be great for the upcoming episode 7 of Star Wars.

Unreal Tournament is making a comeback. You can already download it and play for free, but you have to keep in mind that the game is in pre-alpha stage, so any bug or glitch you encounter will get fixed.

Halo 5 is one of the biggest titles on my watch list this year. Other than that, GTA V for PC. Evolve seems to be a bit iffy, it's enjoyable but I don't see it becoming a really popular game as it now stands in the beta.
Hopefully the game GTA 5 does come out well for PC. Weren't they going to make it FP view? Or did they scrapped that for the PC?

GTA 5 on PC is the only thing I'm looking forward to next month. Everything is second place to that. With that said, I hope they don't muck up the transition by giving us a poor port instead of a fleshed out PC game.