Games that make you want to smash your phone

Gravis

Registered
Nov 5, 2014
Oh boy, what a topic, huh?! Everyone's heard of Flappy Bird, and a huge portion of those have also played it. What's your opinion on those kind of games and the hatred directed towards the developers? I LOVE to put myself into stressful situation from time to time, so these games are my priority number one. You ought to try Swing Copters or Piano Tiles (both iOS and Android, not sure about Windows phones).

haha friends make fun of me, because I cant get any more than 12 points in flappy bird. HOW DO YOU DO THAT, its impossible...

Not to brag, or anything, but...
5qJbFqN.png

I really didn't like Flappy Bird when I first tried it. To be honest, I was just looking for a game to occupy my free time when I couldn't do anything else, so when I downloaded the Flappy Bird app in the google play store I at first thought it was like Super Mario Bros, but was disappointed. I quit the first 5 minutes and never thought about it again until I heard people making a big deal about it being cancelled, and could not believe so many people actually played it. They were even selling phones with the app on it on Ebay that went over their face value, but I was too late to sell my phone because Ebay prohibited it by then.

Have any of you played Dots? Oh goodness, this game makes me boil! It's so much fun passively, until you get stuck on a difficult level. Whenever I say "THIS EFFING GAME!" everyone knows what I was just playing. :)

I played the Family guy game and sometimes it can get annoying when, your character does not do what you want and gets hard to play game and get lost and sometimes the game freezes in the middle. The snakes and ladders games would get annoying when, you have nothing to eat and have a lot of walls and enemies in the way and blocking your path. Crime story is a game for the android and is interesting to play, but at times can be annoying or boring when you don't know what to do and who is on your side and who is against you in the game.

I think the answer to this question is so obvious. Flappy Bird and many of games just like it, when it got taken down, made me want to smash my phone, and every other phone in the vicinity that has this game on it. Why is this game so hard and so addictive at the same time? It's such a simple game. How can it be so frustrating to play? I constantly wanted to get a better score, and failed horribly at it. No other game made me want to smash anything.

Zuenti, I have one word for you... HOW?! And I thought that I'm pro @ Flappy Bird by getting more than 50. In all honesty, I can't imagine mobile gaming without those pesky lil' apps, that steal a major portion of your time.

O-M-G ZUENTI WHAT THE HECK. and I thought that 94 was amazing, now I see this... I wonder whats the high score of all times in flappy bird?

A game that makes me want to throw my phone is Smash Hit. The game is fun and addictive except for when you lose. The game is designed for you to go as far as possible and when you 'run out of balls' the game is over and they make you start from the beginning. The only way to resume from where you got game over is to pay and sometimes I'm tempted to because it takes so long to beat your record.

Flappy bird has been the only game so far that had made me question my sanity. Of course there was a time back when I tried it out that I wanted to smash the living hell out of my phone, but then again I had it coming for even humoring the game. That game over screen is taboo for me.

Last edited:
Flappy Bird was definitely a huge pain to play when I just started. But it does get easier by a lot after getting the hang of it, which is pretty much the result of several wasted hours on that game. Swing Copters is just IMPOSSISBLE for me though...

I almost broke my old phone in half after I could understand how Hill Climb Racing works. I was so furious, I couldn't relax the whole day. Some time later it juts popped in my head and I can play it without any troubles.

Yes, I also got the Flappy Bird fever when it was still hot. It got me so frustrated, even though I haven't even reached the score of 10. Good thing that I got out of that addiction. Because if not, my phone would have been gone by now. Trust me.

The game that is frustrating me the most at this time is a game I found called Zez. It is a very well made game where you need to beat your high score at each run but they really make you work for it. So far I'm already at the last stage and I've been trying to get to the highest score but somehow it's just not happening. It is frustrating because I really want to complete the game finally but I am unable to but I trust that with enough time I will beat it eventually.

I agree with you that games like Flappy Bird is very frustrating and makes you want to smash your phone, but I enjoy this games the most, because they're really challenging. I love challenges everywhere, so that's why. As far as I see the developers are prepared to be hated just a little by the people that play these games, but I think that they shouldn't be hated; they don't make you play the game, it's your choice to play it or not.

BTW nice score @Zuenti , gg wp :D

The only game that made me want to throw my phone other than a flappy birds game was a riddle game with answers that didn't make any real sense. Also, those guess the word picture games. I always feel like an idiot when I play those.

Flappy Bird seems to be the general consensus here. I agree, because that bird wasn't worth my sanity for a pathetic high score of 76. Also, Candy Crush got annoying, especially when you ran out of lives and had to wait to play again. The game went from really easy to difficult within two levels, which was also frustrating. I then stopped playing once I had to start paying in order to continue to play...bleh.

They are made that way on purpose, lol. Just enough frustration to keep you determined to beat it (or to pay up when/if you can't). The psychological aspects of game making are very interesting, although somewhat questionable as well. lol