Games released this week

Also their special moves make them so much better then anything that is included in the game besides them. You don't keep the random characters kicking around when you can have someone else that has a bunch more skills and has higher base stats.

Cloud is terrible in tactics. He can only do his special moves with one sword that isn't that good.

Yes, but it's Cloud, trust me with that fact alone people are going to use him *Although he isn't a bad Geomancer with Limit breaks, just make sure and take time using him as a time mage so he can learn the "swiftness" ability which cuts down the time it takes to cast his limit breaks.* and once you recruit thundergod Cid, you really need no other character.

Orlandu is indeed way too good. Cloud could use some buffs, and that Materia Blade is complete garbage. Either he should be able to use better weapons or his specials should be way better.

When it comes to winning battles solo...you can do that with lots of characters. I had a samurai Ramza with Blade Grasp, Dual Swords, Move +3 with Monk subskill...and I could walk him in and out of a battle without even getting touched. Same with Mustadio. Gunner/Monk or Gunner/Archer Mustadio are very good.

Zell was the best character in FF8.

But even so, the Engineer abilities (or whatever he was) were seriously useful.

Not really. Zell, though, had the strongest limit break in the game. In all seriousness, max out his ATK and just aura him and you can do probably fifty 9999 damage hits.

I hated Quina and Cait Sith, though. The odd-but-awesome characters I liked were Reno from the Turks in FF7 and Amarant in FF9.

The Turks huh?! I thought Red XIII was kinda neat, the one character I really don't like that everyone seems to like is Locke from FF VI! and also, Magus was such a kick ass character in chrono trigger, yet Frog stole the show!

They were annoying because they showed up everywhere and beat your ass. But they offered comic relief...and good drop items.

And I agree with the two of yaz. Cept Magus was lame. Cecil and Kain are badass, and the goofy thief was done better by Zidane than Locke.

I never thought the Turks were hard enough to warrant the phrase "beat your ass", though.

I guess if you played the japanese one he had that really cool "Dark Wave" move when he was a dark knight too. I don't know why that was "lost in the translation" when it came over though. That game was supposed to have a bunch of stuff that they just left on the cutting room floor for no reason though.

I hate when they "fix" games when they get shipped overseas and thus remove some of the flavor, case in point the censoring that went into Valkyrie Profile, no pentagram on Lezard Valeth, Badrach not smoking, yet they did fix the whole problem with not being able to sort items, luckily the psp port did save some of that, yet you couldn't sort items, it's the damndest thing. With that in mind I hear their was a port of Suikoden I and II collection released for the psp, which sold like coats in hell, which means us unfortunate U.S. gamers who are paying about 100$ dollars for a copy of Suikoden II will never see this port on these shores!

That is kind of a ballsy first post

I have yet to begin to understand why half the games that come out in japan don't come out here. I own Suikoden 1 and 2 and I would sitll buy it again just to be able to carry the two good ones around with me.