Games made into movies

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
Ok so Resident Evil has a movie, HALO will be getting one. Silent Hill comes out 4-21. My question is what games should the make into a movie. By me being a gamer and a inspiering film maker I would like to See Metal Gear, or A Metroid, Or how about Ninja Gaiden. Castelvania. So many to pick from. So what should Hollywood make.

I wouldn't want to touch Metal Gear for a movie. It has a story with too many intricacies to be able to make well. Metroid is simply too plotless to have a real story behind it which isn't totally fabricated. Same with Ninja Gaiden. Castlevania would be possible, but it'd just end up as a stereotypical Keanu Reeves in a coat killing things movie.

Black would make a good Jerry Bruckheimer (think the Rock) type of movie. I think an animated Jak and Daxter movie would be cool, as would an animated Sly Cooper. I think Prince of Persia: The Sands of times could also be made into a really neat movie. Finally, I think the Suffering, if adapted correctly could be a fun movie to watch.

If they put Neo in it I will kill myself. But if Kojima was to make a Metal Gear Movie it wouldn't totaly suck would it? Make me wonder. But thats something that I thought about a Metroid movie would be hard to do. Only because it would have to be dumbed down for normla ppl who dont play games. If it was for gamers it would be ok. And i think A Ninja gaiden movie woulc fit. It has enough to be made into a movie. Doom didn't have much of a plat and they mad that.

But what do you think they should make what game would you like to see. I really want a Devil May Cry. But I can only wish

a socom us navy seals movie would be pretty cool. show all the guns and equipment that they would use

Dude I got Black hawk down for that. but make me wonder.........................................................Nope tried to come up with that script wouldn't work. But Splinter cell might.................Even though thats like 24....

Kingdom Hearts?
Fable?
Onimusha?
Zelda?
Dead or Alive?
Streets of Rage?
Half Life 2?
World of War Craft?
Shadow of Colssus?
Prince of Persa?
Elder Scrolls?

They are a few I can think of they dont have to be live action they can be CGI

I do believe a Metroid movie is currently in the works..not sure if it's another Uwe Bole classic or not...but we can only hope not!

Silent Hill looks ****ing scary, can't wait.

Halo and Splinter Cell look like good ones, too.

I want a Onimusha movie the whole series has that movie feel when you play it. Silent Hill looks like a great move also.Metroid yes.And maybe a Devil May Cry movie.

Splinter Cell would make an awesome movie, and in fact, I think it IS being made a movie. I remember reading something about that, but not sure where or if it was just a rumor.

Well, if it ends up like any of the other Silent Hills (which it had damn well better) it will turn out she killed her daughter long ago, and the people who she meets along the way will go crazy and try to kill her or commit suicide.

Metal Gear is an obvious choice. The game is very cinematic, and plays out just like a movie. Hell half the time spent playing the game is actually just watching/listening. Metroid would be a sweet movie if done correctly, it'd be hard to pull off though.

Oh, and we need a new Super Mario Bros. movie. haha

I don't agree with a Metal Gear movie. The Solid series is cinematic enough on it's own - I believe a celluloid movie would only serve to ruin it's reputation.

I don't agree with most video game movies anyway. They tend to totally ruin the game's story(DOOM).

Yea bet if Kojima did a Solid movie it would totaly Kick Ass. And A megaman Movie would be ok. problem is the had a cartoon so why try that agin. But who cares SH comes out to day and more than likely we will all see it. lets Hope that if in other game becomes a Movie it wont be like Street Fighter..........

Sorry I had to bring that Up

Well, I'm sure this will sound controversial to some, but I'm not a big fan of Metal Gear storylines. Sure, the gameplay is fantastic, but the kicker for me was the cutscene where Solid Snake is explaining the nature of reality to Raiden while standing in the middle of Wall Street in NYC. It was a load of pseudointellectual, meta-babble (not like the metal-babbles of Dragon Quest VIII).

Still, in competent hands, Metal Gear could probably be made into a fascinating film. If they made the movie in-house like Square did for Final Fantasy, it would probably feature all of that melodrama and Philosophy 101 bullsh*t that made Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within such a joy to watch, but a chore to listen to.

As for a movie I would like to have seen, I wish Lucas had adapted Knights of the Old Republic to the big screen. Instead, we got Jar-Jar and Mannequin Skywalker. The prequels were very much like sand.