Fun non-violent multiplayer titles?

Inglenook

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Does anyone know of any titles, regardless of platform, that are non-violent, multiplayer, preferably co-op versus the environment rather than competition and still be somewhat fulfilling to play? I'm asking for my girlfriend who hates violence (think Pokemon as being too violent), and doesn't really see the point of in most games. Games she's enjoyed includes Sims games (The Sims, Sim City etc.) and some arcade games. I'd like to play with her on boring evenings, but she has shut down my suggestions so far. Maybe some WII games would fit the bill?

The Sims (Superstar) has a feature build-in with the game that allows players to interact with each other. The player can send their stars sims to perform in other sim players' game. Have you tried this? It is quite interesting.

Maybe a platformer? Something like Trials or even Mario could be good. Or even Minecraft! I mean, who doesn't like Minecraft?

I'll try the Sims idea, I bought a Sims 3 package for her already so all I have to do is to hook up my game to hers I suppose? I'll look into it.

Maybe a platformer? Something like Trials or even Mario could be good. Or even Minecraft! I mean, who doesn't like Minecraft?
She doesn't like Minecraft, but she's not opposed to the idea of building/designing games I think. The medieval feel just puts her off, she prefers a more modern style and graphics so she can design her apartments more to her liking. Figures... As for platformers, not sure, I'll ask. I suspect she'll get bored fast, though.

I think Don't Starve is coming out soon with a sequel called Don't Starve Together. As far as I know, it's a survival game where you either have to help each other stay alive or out-survive your friend. I'm not entirely sure which happenstance will be the premise of the game, but it will be 2-player and non-violent as far as I'm aware. Although, it can be scary.

Do you have a PS3? LittleBigPlanet is a fun little game for couples to play. Very easy to get into, not violent at all, and I think it's enjoyable for gamers and non-gamers. A lot of fun if you have 4 of you playing.

Aside from that, Minecraft might be a good one as well, as someone already suggested.

What consoles do you currently own? That might help us make a decision.

Do you have a PS3? LittleBigPlanet is a fun little game for couples to play. Very easy to get into, not violent at all, and I think it's enjoyable for gamers and non-gamers. A lot of fun if you have 4 of you playing.

Aside from that, Minecraft might be a good one as well, as someone already suggested.

What consoles do you currently own? That might help us make a decision.
I wouldn't say that Minecraft is non-violent. It's not to be honest. With Microsoft acquiring this game and the studio behind it, I suppose they are going to mainstream way with this game as well. You can expect more violence in this game coming your way.

Try looking into getting games on the Wii because they have more non violent games than any other console. My favorite games to play with my friends are Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Bomberman, and Rockband, and all of those are great for multiplayer and they don't have any violence in them at all.

With "violence" I mean it in the literal sense and not blood/gore type games. Every single aspect of Super Smash Brothers is violence, for example. :p But I'll look into buying a Wii, it's a bit of an investment though as I don't really care for their titles. Maybe I should just dig out my old Game Cube?

It you do not mind playing old games, Mario Brothers is still a fun game to play. It is not sure whether your girlfriend likes playing.

I wouldn't say that Minecraft is non-violent. It's not to be honest. With Microsoft acquiring this game and the studio behind it, I suppose they are going to mainstream way with this game as well. You can expect more violence in this game coming your way.

I hope not. If Microsoft is smart, they will leave Minecraft as is. I don't think they acquired the game just so they can make it 'mainstream'. The game is already hugely successful as is, so the best thing to do would be just to leave it, and let it continue to be successful. Maybe they could release Microsoft exclusive content and try and encourage Minecraft players to play on Microsoft consoles, but they shouldn't change anything about the game itself.

If they ever did want to change it, the smartest thing to do would be to release a second minecraft.

I would probably go with Mario Party/Mario Kart on the Wii. The Wii generally has many more family-friendly, non violent titles that you can choose from.

I hope not. If Microsoft is smart, they will leave Minecraft as is. I don't think they acquired the game just so they can make it 'mainstream'. The game is already hugely successful as is, so the best thing to do would be just to leave it, and let it continue to be successful. Maybe they could release Microsoft exclusive content and try and encourage Minecraft players to play on Microsoft consoles, but they shouldn't change anything about the game itself.

If they ever did want to change it, the smartest thing to do would be to release a second minecraft.
I highly doubt that they will leave this game as it is right now. They have not purchased it to leave it as it is,

Tetris is a good choice. No violence there. Perhaps guitar hero if you both like rock n roll music. Kerbal space program is awesome if she doesn't mind the occasional explosion. If you really want a tear jerker, look up the game "gone home". One of my favorite youtubers (jacksepticeye) played it, and it was a fantastic story. No violence once so ever.