Fun games that are laptop-friendly (Integrated graphics)

vennybunny

Registered
May 7, 2015
I have a gaming desktop PC, but I don't really have that much time to really sit down and play anymore. So right now I'm looking for games that are more laptop friendly. Preferably something that would run well without a dedicated graphics card, and keyboard-only controls or mouse-only controls.

Any suggestions? Right now I'm stuck playing GBA emulated games and Peggle.

Well you haven't specified what kind of genre you're into, but my suggestion is Kal Online. I've played tons of it on my old pc. Yes, the graphics are bad but other than that it's a very intersting RPG. Look it up. Honestly the only games I can think of are old RPGs like Diablo, or maybe some of the old-school strategies like Age of Empires. Look around, they ain't hard to find.

Yeah, Diablo and Age of Empires are great classics and will run well on a laptop. Another game that I would suggest is Will Rock. I know that you don't want to be using both mouse and keyboard, but it's a great FPS game (I'm recommending it because if was my first ever PC game and I was quite impressed by it so I encourage the curious to try it out).

Terraria. It's the best game for a laptop/notebook. It's very fun and you can also play it Co-op with your friends.

try Gog.com which is a site that sells mostly old, classic games. I love the site. Games like Myst, Might and Magic and a ton of classics are there. Everything will be playable on a laptop and you will have the benefit of buying games that already have a great reputation.

Other than that, if you are into cardgames, try Hearthstone from Blizzard, a very solid game.

Well some laptops have great gaming graphics cards and so you would have to provide the information about the type of gpu the laptop has. Some games that I played with my intel HD graphics includes all the GTA games up to GTA IV. You can also play call of duty 1-3.

It would be great if you could provide your PC's specifications. My laptop's cheap, but it can run most, if not all current generation games at the lowest setting smoothly.

Depending on what RAM and CPU you have, you can run pretty decent games on integrated graphics. I have been playing the original Bioshock with minimal lag on my i7 with 4gb RAM. More recently, Cities: Skylines has had me occupied for many hours. Much better than Sim City in my opinion.

For a truely laptop-friendly game, I suggest Factorio. If you enjoy things like Minecraft, you'll likely enjoy Factorio.

How are you with rhythm games?

Any laptop with basic graphics and CPU can handle Osu!. It's quite addicting and has 4 different modes depending on your liking. First mode -which is the main one- is basically like this: (I think showing is easier than explaining)

The 3 other modes are:

Taiko: match your clicks with the beats that show on the screen.
osu!mania: use your keyboard as a.. 'beatboard', and match clicks on specific keys with specific beats that slide on the screen. Number of relevant keys on the keyboard increases as you increase the difficulty.
Catch the beat: just move your character left or right and gather the 'fruits' that represent the 'beats'. I personally never enjoyed this mode because it doesn't really resemble a rhythm game at all.

P.s. The design used on that video is not the original game design, if that matters at all :p The game gives a huge room of freedom when it comes to that. You can even create your own themes and put them in their forums or keep them to yourself if you like. Just in case you were turned off by the design (since it looked ugly to be honest).

Anyway, this is one game I'd recommend to anyone with low system specs, because it's too good to be missed.

Since we don't know what you are working with and your questioning your graphics card, I'll just suggest this. Any game that is graphic intensive, just turn the graphics setting to the lowest possible. That's how I get around playing the most recent games. Turn it all the way down and enjoy. It might not look that pretty but at least you can still enjoy the game play.

FTL is perfect, super low on graphics, super high on fun, especially if you love frustration or have played dark souls at all.

Theres lots of games that can be played on integrated graphics. I'm not sure what kind of games you're into but I'll list a few different genres with games I enjoyed.

FPS: Battlefield 1942 (Free)
RTS: League of Legends or Dota 2 (Free)
Puzzle: Thomas was Alone
Sandbox: Minecraft

Most valve games (L4D2, Portal, CS:GO) will also run fine on integrated graphics.

I second FTL and Terraria. Both great games that are endlessly replayable, because they're random every time you play. You can also give Dwarf Fortress a swing, if you like, though it takes a loooong time to learn, and you'll probably want to get a graphics pack to upgrade away from the ASCII art used in the vanilla game.

I'd also suggest checking out browser based games. They don't necessarily last that long, but most can run on older laptops. Candy Box and A Dark Room are both pretty fun, and if you want something a bit more intensive Kingdom Rush is one of the best tower defence games.

I second FTL and Terraria. Both great games that are endlessly replayable, because they're random every time you play. You can also give Dwarf Fortress a swing, if you like, though it takes a loooong time to learn, and you'll probably want to get a graphics pack to upgrade away from the ASCII art used in the vanilla game.

I'd also suggest checking out browser based games. They don't necessarily last that long, but most can run on older laptops. Candy Box and A Dark Room are both pretty fun, and if you want something a bit more intensive Kingdom Rush is one of the best tower defence games.

I always wanted to play FTL. I heard it is really hard, though. As for Terraria, I think the concept of the game is awesome, combining Minecraft with Side-Scroller action. There are a ton of other indie games that work great with really low system requirements. Most of what is indie on Steam and everything GoG has to offer, should run on older systems pretty well.

If you can keep your desktop on, steam has a streaming service that allows you to run games on the desktop but play them over LAN, which is automatic if you're playing at home and can be configured if you're out and about. It seems a shame to leave your desktop sitting around. I used to play DOTA 2 on an integrated graphics laptop, and apart from the occasional lag at rendering-intensive moments, the game ran pretty smooth.

check out /r/lowendgaming. It's devoted to exactly this topic.

It's kinda hard, it's difficulty comes from inexperience. The more you play, the better you understand the game.
Challenging, thats a better word.

Good to know. I will pick it up for sure and check it out. I always liked the idea of the game. A rogue-like combined with Star Trekish exploration and combat. :D