Five Night's at Freddy's

TheDarkRose_93

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
California
Anyone here played the Five Nights series? I honestly love the games even though I get scared from it often hahaha! I love that it's so much more than a game with jumpscares, but with a story that has many to countless speculations and theories behind it all. This makes me wonder if creator Scott Cawthon decides to finally answer those questions we have been wanting answers to, and wow there are so many questions... But I think if he decides to leave FnaF 3's storyline plotholes open, that could make for something amazing. The fact that this guy has made these games (with the 3rd on the way), all on his own, creepy lore and all, that is just genius. So what do you guys think of Five Nights at Freddy's?

I purchased Five Night at Freddy's during the recent steam sale. I also have the mobile version. I am a big fan of the game although I do find that I have to limit the amount of time I play in one sitting otherwise it can become a little repetitive.

I've played the first one and eh I dunno, jump scares kind of wear thin after a while.

I've watched a playthrough of 2 and it does look a bit better, and 3's looking neat I hope there's some actual walking around in that one.

I think it's a labor of love; wonderfully and deliciously twisted love. We might not ever get the answers we seek, but someday we could; and that hope keeps us going. I myself haven't fully played the games. I've watched the first two through letsplays and I'm hoping to sit down and play them fully soon once I have the time.

The first one was great! The second one got a little dreary on its premise, sure there's some more things to do but it makes the game more frantic. The last night is especially difficult. Apparently they're making a third installment to the game already, I'd hold out for reviews before buying it.

The first one was great! The second one got a little dreary on its premise, sure there's some more things to do but it makes the game more frantic. The last night is especially difficult. Apparently they're making a third installment to the game already, I'd hold out for reviews before buying it.
I think the second game added a lot more depth into the main storyline of the game. I mean, the stuff the Game Theorists came up with blew my mind for a moment. (Then again, a lot of their videos leave me questioning everything) The marionette is creepy as hell, and balloon boy is just plain annoying. But it's very possible that he could be a hallucination. Who knows? I honestly love Foxy and Mangle <3

I can't play Five Nights At Freddy's, because it freaks me out way too badly. I watched a YouTube video of someone else playing (Yes, it was Markiplier) and I got so badly freaked out that I ended up having to sleep with all the lights on. The same thing happened when first Slender came out and all the other Slender related games. (I still can't listen to "Gimme 20 Dollars" without getting freaked out.) Something about games where you're just waiting for something to get you, or something is following you that you can't see or ever get away from, just makes me insanely paranoid. Which is ten times worse at night. :confused: And yet, I have no problem with zombie games, weirdly enough.

The trailer for the third installment has me intrigued. I will likely end up buying this, though will probably hold off until I have finished my backlog of games. Has there been an official release date confirmed yet?

I can't play Five Nights At Freddy's, because it freaks me out way too badly. I watched a YouTube video of someone else playing (Yes, it was Markiplier) and I got so badly freaked out that I ended up having to sleep with all the lights on. The same thing happened when first Slender came out and all the other Slender related games. (I still can't listen to "Gimme 20 Dollars" without getting freaked out.) Something about games where you're just waiting for something to get you, or something is following you that you can't see or ever get away from, just makes me insanely paranoid. Which is ten times worse at night. :confused: And yet, I have no problem with zombie games, weirdly enough.

The thing is with zombies, you pretty much have full view of the situation most of the time. Although some zombies can be sneaky, most of the time their zombie ways sort of lower that anticipation since depending of the situation they always have a one track mind. They don't have that malice to stalk you or give you that sense of dread the others tend to give you. They will make you feel uncomfortable because that's what precisely what they want. Get through your head and shake your will to the core or at least try to depending of the person.

Zombies on the other hand... they just want one thing. To eat you. Nothing a bullet to their head can't fix though. :p

Never played through them personally, just watched some of the play through videos. I like the simple but unique gameplay, and the scares are pretty good, especially in the second one.

I do like that it appears the third installment of the game will be a slight variation on the theme where this time you have to escape which would provide a nice twist on the first two releases.

I would not play it. No, no nope! I am deathly afraid of playing horror games. I was afraid of the Minecraft horse at night for crying out loud! I rather see people play it instead. I have read up on the lore and the back story is interesting. I am waiting for the third release, which might be the last...waiting for someone else to play it.

I've been hearing about this game EVERYWHERE. People are like spamming my FB raving about this game. I get scared super easily so I'm uh, reluctant to try this out to say the least. Scale of 1 to 10, how scary is this...?

I've been hearing about this game EVERYWHERE. People are like spamming my FB raving about this game. I get scared super easily so I'm uh, reluctant to try this out to say the least. Scale of 1 to 10, how scary is this...?
Welp, considering I barely played this game and mostly watching videos of people playing it and screaming and falling out of their chairs, I would give it a 9. The jumpscares always get me, but what makes this game so damn creepy is the lore and theories behind it. You should watch some of the "GameTheory" videos on youtube.

Five Night at Freddy's 3 has just been released. Has anyone played the game yet? I am thinking of making an impulse purchase as the reviews look great though thought I would ask here first if anyone has played this yet. Any reviews are most welcome.

Five Night at Freddy's 3 has just been released. Has anyone played the game yet? I am thinking of making an impulse purchase as the reviews look great though thought I would ask here first if anyone has played this yet. Any reviews are most welcome.
It's actually pretty good, I'd say it's more fun than the second game.

Reactions: dillinger10
I don't have the nerve for scary games, but I did (carefully!) watch a Twitch streamer play through the series. Well, actually, she's only on night four of the third game right now. The series has an interesting but terrifying concept. I didn't really buy into the lore around it, though.

The third game is kind of a let down in my opinion. Spoiler: you go from having something like 8(?) animatronics in the second game to look out for, down to just one. There's really no multitasking involved with that, just keeping an eye on the creature, and a dash of luck. The first two were pretty fun to watch, since there was so much you had to look out for.

I don't think I could sit down and play this game. I get freaked out with people playing it and steaming it or youtubing it. I do, however, enjoy watching peoples reactions to the scares and it's kind of morbid in a sense that I like that we both get scared. Maybe there's something to be said about sharing a mutual response to something, to know that you're not facing it alone. Especially when it comes to people like Markipler and Pewdiepie, love their reactions.

Scott Cawthon did a great job with all three games and the lore. Chances are high that a fourth game is coming that covers the original diner that went before the third game. For the record, the progression of the game time-wise is, for those who don't know:

FNAF 2 > FNAF1 > FNAF3

FNAF2 is a numbered sequel, but it's a prequel. I just spoiled it, I know.

What's great about these games is that the first game was based upon some luck and a little skill. The second game was based on a little luck and some more skill. Now the third one is actually based mostly on skill and not that much luck, because you succeed if you keep track of Spring Trap.

Great games, although they won't scare every player.

It's actually pretty good, I'd say it's more fun than the second game.
I ended up downloading this a few days ago and have immersed myself in the game ever since. I agree. I actually like this more than the second game. This is well worth the $2.99 mobile download, IMO.