First PS1 game?

DarkGizmo

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
NY
www.revillution.com
Do you remember the first game you played on the original Playstation? For me I believe it was Crash Bandicoot. I loved that platformer and thought the console was awesome that it was capable of such awesome graphics for the time. :)

Just like you, my first game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot. Since I've watched my dad playing it in front of me as a baby, I always wanted to play it. The games were awesome, and they were quiet lengthy which I loved about them. One day I will beat Crash Bandicoot 1 hopefully. Its a shame the little guy doesn't have any games anymore.

The first two games that I purchased for my PS1 were NBA Jam and Rayman. Both games offered completely different experiences but remained two of my favorite PS1 games.

My favorite multiplayer PS1 games was PaRappa The Rapper. The game was mindless fun but incredibly addicting. I think I had the lyrics, "Kick, punch, it's all in the mind", stuck in my head for a solid six months. This was my favorite rhythm based video game until the DJ Hero series came out some 13 years later.

The first ever PS1 game I was able to play was tomb Raider and I got to test it out at a friend's house. Although I didn't really play as much as just watch because my friend was already much more used to the game at the time and could play it much quicker. I also got to see Metal Gear at the time and I was equally amazed with it.

I don't remember the exact order, but Crash Bandicoot and Spyro were some of the first. I remember really enjoying the 3D environment on what had been for me, up to that point, 2D. I tried to play Mario 64, before that, but it was too gaudy, and the controller was too much like X-Box for me.

If I remember right, I think it was Spyro. My memory is fuzzy about it, but I still remember somewhat when I first played it. It was the first game I got along with the PS1. I know I had fun with it, been a fan of dragons and all. The environment was fun and the game itself was something I'd come back to plenty of times.

It may have been Spyro or Crash. I can't recall. It has been some time. I had gotten it back in 1998 if I remember right. Those were good times and the games were pretty good. Some of the best memories are from back then. The way things have come and changed is amazing.

Oh man, I can't quite remember anymore. It was either Wild Arms, Metal Gear Solid or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I wanted to buy the Playstation for Final Fantasy VII but these three were the first games we actually had. My sibling and I played these three all at the same time, and I was mostly in charge of the grinding so it's quite a task to remember.

I remember I didn't get to play Final Fantasy for a long time because I fell in love with Wild Arms though. That could be the first game I played. I wouldn't mind if it was, to be honest hahaha.

Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout was my first game. It was awesome. GT hadn't started airing in the states yet but this game had a ton of GT characters. I thought it was a bootleg because of Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Made no sense to me and it didn't for a few years. That game was so much fun.

I remember spending a long time playing the original Crash Bandicoot games with my family when I was younger. I don't think I played anything on or even knew we had a Playstation 1 until we came home one day with a Crash Bandicoot game. I don't remember much about that day except for it's also the day I saw Mulan in theaters.

I remember my first game for the original PlayStation was Battle Arena Toshinden. I couldn't get enough of this game! I also had some snowboarding game that I can't remember the name of. Another thing that I would play a lot of was that demo disc that came with the PlayStation when you first bought it. I also remember my brother's friend coming over thinking he could take me in Toshinden; BIG mistake!

When we bought our PS1, the initial PS craze had already died down. So the first game we played with it was Dance Dance Revolution because we wanted to know what the fuss was all about. Haha. I have to admit we were pretty into it for a while. Then we discovered the RPGs and stopped playing with the dance pad. :D

If memory serves it was Metal Slug (the first in the series, and still one of my favorites) Back then it was pretty cool having the arcade experience in your home, without having to buy tokens!

I think my first game on PS1 was Croc, a colorful platformer game where you had to guide Croc, a little green crocodile across various levels. Another very early game I played vas Kurushi, a puzzle game where you had to take out blocks rolling toward you.

If memory serves it was Metal Slug (the first in the series, and still one of my favorites) Back then it was pretty cool having the arcade experience in your home, without having to buy tokens!
Metal Slug X was a blast. How many other games do you get to ride an armed camel? This was recently released on Steam. I have been contemplating picking this up again.

It was either Gran Turismo 2 or Spyro: Year of The Dragon. I got my PS1 pretty late in its lifespan (when the PSone slim model was released in 2000; same year the PS2 came out) so there was a lot to pick from. I don't remember if either of these games came with the console but I do know they are the first two games that I owned, which one I popped into the PSone first I'm not too sure. A week later though I took a trip to Gamestop (I think it was still Funcoland in my area at the time) and picked up Metal Gear and Pong: The Next Level while my dad picked up Resident Evil 1 and 2 while we were there.

I have been contemplating picking this up again.

Metal Slug Anthology is available physically for the PSP, PS2 and Wii. You can probably get it used for a heck of a deal somewhere I'm sure and it comes with 1 through 6. (including X)

I remember playing, Hercules it was based on the Disney version and followed the movie the same way there were three levels which involved running and dodging obstacles which were hard for me. I enjoyed playing it, and like the mini fights and graphics of the game and design that the game had and good to play if you are bored still have the game. The other game I remember was, Tekken 2 enjoyed the battles and controls were alright just that characters were not made too well The sequel was better and had more features.

Final Fantasy 7 was my first Playstation game. In fact, my parents bought me the Playstation just for it. We weren't a rich family by any stretch, but I was really young, and I was obsessed with the game, and they took some pity on me.

When I try to play that game now, I can't get past how bad the graphics are. Graphics really don't make a game for me, but some older games just haven't aged well.

I'm eagerly awaiting Square Enix to remaster it. It has to happen eventually.

Final Fantasy 9 actually was my first PS1 game and that was purchased cause I had just gotten PS2 at the time. I was playing N64 before then and my mother's friend told her about the PS2 that was going to be released soon.

The first game that I had for the PS1 one was Spyro. It was really a good game and I think that it is one that they should really try to bring back. To me the game was really fun and I think that it was the game that gave me that love that I had for the console.