First Person Shooter

My favorites are Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield Bad company 2. I think those two are the best in each of those series. I like Halo also because it was the first game I ever bought in a store.

A few of my favorite FPS titles through the years include Half-Life, GoldenEye and TimeSplitters. Of more recent vintage, I really enjoyed FEAR 2 and the Bioshock series.

I love CS:GO and TF2. TF2 is a lot more silly and the competitive scene is really team-based, whereas CSGO is more about invidual performances and being really serious. Other good games include Half-Life, Garry's Mod and smaller indie games (You know I love those small indie games!).

I'm not into first-person shooters much. I just don't like the feeling of emptiness you get when you're playing. All you get to see is a couple of really stiff, fake looking arms and hands in front of you. I agree with some of the comments, I thing the ones I enjoyed the most were the COD and Medal of Honor games.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Battlefield 3 are two of the best games ever created, at least for the genre. I loved both of those games and could still see myself putting a few dozen into them right now. There are plenty of other great first-person shooters out there, though.

My favorite first person shooter was Doom 2 for PC. I played this game so much and had so much fun bonding with my brother while playing it and watching him play it. I think it may be the only first person shooter I have played. Maybe I should try some more since I really enjoyed this one.

I have to go with Half-Life 2. It has aged incredibly well.
The fact that every event occurs in real-time as you're playing really adds to the immersion.
Also, Ravenholm stills creeps me out to this very day. The general atmosphere of that section is terrifying.
I hope Half-Life 3 will be released sometime in the near future as well.

ARMA hands down one of the greatest FPS ever made thanks to its strong modding community. I'm also pretty fond of the half life games and stalker is also pretty fun. Mods are a go for me, getting that bang for my buck. You might as well toss in CS: 1.6, Global Offensive, and lately I've been playing a lot of Rust and its becoming a favorite for me.

I have to go with Half-Life 2. It has aged incredibly well.
The fact that every event occurs in real-time as you're playing really adds to the immersion.
Also, Ravenholm stills creeps me out to this very day. The general atmosphere of that section is terrifying.
I hope Half-Life 3 will be released sometime in the near future as well.
Do you think there is any chance that there will be a Half-Life 3 in the future? Everything I have read lately seems to indicate no. Which would be disappointing. I did see this pretty cool fake concept art for Half-Life 3 designed by Shane Baxley.

CounterStrike: Global Offensive offers a bit more realism and depth than most other shooters out there (looking at you Call of Duty). It also has a very active competitive scene if you're into such a thing.

Call of Duty 4. I have over 1000 hours in it playing mostly competitive Promod. I played it relegiously for over 2(3?) years. It's an okay game made great by the modding community.

As many people have mentioned Call of Duty 4 is a great game. Believe it or not I enjoyed playing through all of the Modern Warfare camapaigns (1,2 and 3). Contrary to probably everyone in this world I like linear games. I just like following a straight story and some cutscene action.