Fight Night- WTF!!

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
Has anyone else played this game? Right from the beginning almost, you are bombarded with Under Armor crap to wear. A few days ago I was playing, and all of the sudden the game just goes into full-on commercial mode for Dodge. I mean they're plugging some car like there's no tomorrow. They even get a nice long shot of the car while they're talking about it. And then a few bouts later out of the clear blue sky my opponent comes into the ring with the damn Burger King as his trainer! And then I come to see I can hire the burger king as my trainer for free and his stats are pretty good which will make some people pick him if they don't want to spend their money & EA knows that. Even the Under Armor guy (the one who screams "We must protect this house") in a character in the game. I am so sick and tired of being advertised to in games! The ads aren't even subtle anymore, they're big & shameless. I'm just waiting for some ESPN personality to be a hidden character too. Chris Berman as a heavyweight maybe? WTF EA, WTF?!

I'm gonna do a feature article about this junk. I need to vent more. But enough about me, what do you guys think, is it just a necessary evil now?

As long as it doesn't interrupt gameplay or distract me, I'm alright with it. In fact, seeing ad banners and posters inside a stadium or arena make it more realistic. It's what happens. But to have the Burger King as a character??? That's just stupid. EA went out of bounds on this one.

Well for me the car commercial did interupt my gameplay. I'm ready to get into a fight and all of the sudden I have to sit through some crappy car ad. I'd really like to know how many people they think will consider buying that car because of a boxing game.

I have no problem with banners and such in games either. That's okay, but when they start bashing us against the head with ads is when there's a problem. I watch a fair amount of boxing but hardly ever on ESPN so I don't know if they do it on that channel, but I've never seen the announcers stop talking about boxing, cut to some car, break out a script, and read it to the crowd. That was ridiculous IMO.

And in press releases these publishers are proud of in-game advertisements. Publishers and advertisement agencies announce these agreements like we're supposed to be happy about them. And some of them claim that the ads will provide a huge benefit to gamers, publishers, and advertisers alike. What are the benifits we consumers enjoy? Do we see a price cut because of these big deals, of course not. What the hell are they talking about?!

And if they say the recent price cuts of current-gen games are due to in-game advertisements that's a lie. The current price cuts are because totall next-gen gaming is just around the corner and they don't want us to forget the PS2 & XB so quickly. If the cuts were because of in-game ads then why don't we see any price reductions on non-1st party 360 games?

Did anybody else like that Burger King commercial where the King scrambles for a long rush TD?

A bonus prize goes to whoever can tell me which QB actually did that run.

I was just giving you a definite answer. Mav was uncertain, not to take credit away from his knowledge.