FF3: Friend Codes!

Meggo the Eggo

Registered
Apr 4, 2006
northeast Ohio
www.yourfamilygames.com
Okay, so I'm at the end of the game for FF3, and want to do some fun, unlockable sidequesting ^_^ (Ultima Weapons, the hidden ??? Dungeon, maybe get the Onion Knight job if I have time).

BUT in order to get that rolling, I have to do some messaging over MogNet. Anyone wanna help me out?

My FC: 154 714 076 250
(no spaces ^ broken up for easier reading)

Just post your code here and we can get in touch. Also, if you're having problems setting up a wifi connection with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, I might be able to help because I spent 1.5 hours of my life on the phone with NoA yesterday trying to get mine to work. o_O

How could you bear it? I hardly got to the first dungeon by the time the painful pace of the game eroded my spirit to dust.

Sorry, don't have Mario Kart... :/

listereo said:
How could you bear it? I hardly got to the first dungeon by the time the painful pace of the game eroded my spirit to dust.

**MINOR SPOILER** :p very minor.

For serious? You get the airship within the first 30-45 minutes of the game!

**END extremely minor spoiler**

This isn't the most fast-paced RPG (it takes at least a couple of hours to start fully developing your party's jobs), but it moves along nicely once you get going. How did it erode your spirit to dust so quickly???

I reached that milestone. I guess my frustration that the level of the accessible areas before that first dungeon are extremely under level, and those first higher level monsters are much, much stronger than the goblins and bees I'd been fighting a moment earlier. The issue was just that at the start of every battle, the "oh noez into battle" screen was just a moment to long to maintain any sort of comfortable pace, and then at the end of battles there were often just too many messages to scroll through. I obliged the level problem by grinding, but with so much dead time between walking and fighting, it just underwhelmed me in a way no Final Fantasy had before.

I may just be impatient, but when one spends just one moment too long waiting for things to happen over, and over, and over again, the realization that those moments could have been better spent playing other games that are more instantly gratifying sets in.

Luckily for me, I'd borrowed it. So I went out and found Portrait of Ruin. Much more my pace.

Yeah, the one in Kazus is the wrong place to be. The first time I started playing I forgot to save before entering Kazus and was pwned upon entering the cave :/ Very sad.

Still, I think you should give the game another chance. FF3 isn't a game where "OMFGzorz you HAVES 2 BUY IT!", but it's classy, comfortably paced and always interesting once you get past Kazus and into the next couple of towns.

Maybe I'll borrow it again. It'll be a long summer, and if things continue as they go, one of unemployment. :(