Favorite Villain?

dillinger10

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
I was having a discussion with friends yesterday regarding our favorite video game villain's. Various names were tossed around such as Alma, Handsome Jack, Killbane, Bowser and Kefka.

My own two personal video game villains are Dr. Robotnik (he should definitely be credited with the greatest mustache in gaming history) and The Joker. The Joker makes for the perfect villain. He is creepy, psychotic and unpredictable. The voice acting by Mark Hamill is superb and really puts him over the edge in my opinion.

Do you have a favorite video game villain?

From the professor layton series, Jean Descole. I was really surprised when his true identity was revealed, and he was an interesting character through the whole series.

The Beast in inFamous was a great villain. He wasn't necessarily evil so you had to struggle in deciding to fight him or join him. I think the best villains are those that walk the line between right and wrong. He really walked that line. He was right but he went about it the wrong way. Sort of like Magneto.

Dr. Robotnik is one of my favorite villains as well. I love his design and I like how adorable he is while still being very menacing. I even liked the old Sonic cartoon version that no one liked mostly because of his portrayal there.

I'm a HUGE Batman fan so one of my favorite villains is obviously The Joker. He pretty sinister and funny (in a sinister kind of way). I think his portrayal in most Batman video games have been pretty good but nothing compares to his portrayals in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. YOU were the Batman and HE was The Joker.

I'm going to go for broke and say Dr. Neo Cortex from the Crash Bandicoot series of games. He was just that kind of bad guy you couldn't hate but loved to go up against. That was especially true in the first three playstation games where he was your main concern as an enemy.

I remember Neo as trying to get the crystals to rule the universe, and Crash would stop his attempts and he would get mad alot which was funny to watch. I also remember, how he tried to trick crash into getting the crystals in the second game and, than it is discovered it was a ruse for cortex to enslave everyone. The guy is a mad scientist, using mind for evil desires could have used it for better things but miss uses it and gets ego and prideful.

I'm just going to go with Menendez from Black Ops II, one of the few CoD games that had a decent storyline. In that game, the story was just twisted, and he was a pretty ruthless villain. I can always get behind a ruthless villain, or at least I can get behind taking him down. Heck, he sets himself on fire in one of the bad endings, and that's pretty insane.

From World of Warcraft, I have to go with Arthas. He's a tormented soul who started out trying to do the right thing but ends up being the worst kind of villain. It's a great story.

Kefka? My kiddo would freak out over this. She can't stand Kefka. lol

You know it's hard to point out one villain that stands out the most because every sequel has a different villain. I'm going to say Dr Robotnik. Why? He was in every sonic game and therefore you couldn't forget him. He was always there for the next game and next console. From 2D to 3D. He was always on the next game and platform.

Vaas from Far Cry 3. The guy was INSANE! You have villains who kill because the main character went against them, and then you have Vaas. The guy led a bunch of pirates on an island because he LIKED killing and drugs, of course.

Vaas tied Jason to a cinder block and said his famous quote; "Do you know the definition of insanity?" before kicking him into a body of water, in an attempt to drown him.

Bowser from the mario series is going to be my pick. He is such a classic and my favourite part about him is that he never gives up, just like me.

Arthas ( Lich King). I think WOW overall has lol lore, but the entire history of Arthas to the end of WOTLK was a great journey that lasted 15 years.

As a huge Nintendo fan, Bowser is the very first villain that comes to my mind. An iconic ending of every Mario game, Bowser represents strength and he never gives up. The very worst kind of villain of all!

My favorite villain is Samus Aran. I loved how she went and killed all hose helpless Metroids, then led that baby Metroid up to help kill its mother. ... and why no love for Dr. Wiley from Mega Man, or Tron Bonne from Mega Man Legends?

Rico from Killzone series, that or other players in multiplayer games. Can't think of much proper villains outside of the Batman Arkham series of games as so many of them are so memorable & evil. Could add Deadly Premonition in here but not saying anything more to avoid spoiling it for those who haven't played/watched this gem of a game.

Rico from Killzone series, that or other players in multiplayer games. Can't think of much proper villains outside of the Batman Arkham series of games as so many of them are so memorable & evil. Could add Deadly Premonition in here but not saying anything more to avoid spoiling it for those who haven't played/watched this gem of a game.
Speaking of the Batman Arkham series, I just saw the latest screenshots for Arkham Knights and they look mighty slick.

I am really looking forward to June 2. Hopefully there won't be any more delays.

By far without a doubt Diablo. It was such a task in Diablo one to get down to the games of hell just to see this character, all the boss fights all the leveling up to find that you simply were not even close to being strong enough to attempt to fight him HAHA. So for me my favorite villain was Diablo

A huge shout out to Kefka! Oh man, he was just so comically evil and unsettling. Not to mention that he actually succeeded in destroying the world.