Favorite thing about Chrono Cross

Profit5500

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I could remembered the game called Chrono Cross which was a RPG game done by Square Enix years ago for the PS1. I could remember people who had the PS1 were in love with the game. That was when RPG games were fantastic especially for the PS1. I liked it very much but did not get to play the game my brother did. The game had one of the best battle music for when you fight the enemies. I mean there were lots of things to like about the game and the battle system was not really too complex. I think it was a bit like the CTB system used in FF10. The thing about Chrono Cross was that it was filled with excitement and had a enriching storyline. I really liked the swallow weapon that Serge had. It had two blades on it and was very cool looking when you use it. There was the ability to pair up with certain characters and do a tag team attack. Like if you paired Serge with Glenn then you would be able to do X-Strike. There were so many characters it was tough to keep up and you had the option to switch out certain characters in your party. With so many characters in the game it leaves you with so many endings. My favorite part of the whole game was the battle with the Omni dragon he was huge and the battle was long. The music was a perfect fit for the battle and when you thought about it made you feel that was the final battle. What was your favorite thing about Chrono Cross?

I loved the music and graphics overall, I feel that it was at least on par with the old Final Fantasy titles. Sadly it did not get as much recognition as the FF series, would have loved more sequels and installments to the game.

Music, definitely the music. The Chrono series has one of the best soundtracks for me and Chrono Cross deserves it's sequel slot for continuing the awesome of Trigger's music.

But also the expansion of Schala's story because I was always so sad there wasn't more explanation of what happened to her on Chrono Trigger. I'm still a little sad because the Magnus side was scrapped (was it? Or was it just not included because it exists somewhere else?) but I'm just glad there was something about Schala in this game and that there's a chance she had a happy ending.

I think Chrono Cross is an awesome game but I do think Chrono Trigger is more well-mad. In comparison to other RPGs though, I enjoy it more than a lot of other titles.

My favorite thing about any Chrono games has to be the music.There are some songs on the Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross soundtrack that I can listen too all day. I think the story is pretty classic as well. It still holds up against some of the better RPGs of today.

My favorite thing about any Chrono games has to be the music.There are some songs on the Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross soundtrack that I can listen too all day. I think the story is pretty classic as well. It still holds up against some of the better RPGs of today.
That music is what everyone loved about Chrono Cross. The battle music sounded like it was the most intense moment of your life. I can hear that flute and I think there was a violin in the background. I personally loved the music track they used when you fight Miguel. It was depressing especially since that was Leena's father. The omni dragon battle music was one of the best compositions I have seen in my life and that was the reason why I have that battle as one of my favorites. It did not make sense why that was not the final battle.

The Chrono series was Mitsuda's breakout project so to speak. Before then he was just a sound engineer for several games such as FF, ect for Square. The Chrono project allowed him to finally be a real video game composer on an ultimatum that the VP of Square allow him to compose it or he would quit. The man wanted to prove himself so much that he often overworked himself on the project. His other works include Xenogears, which was the first Square game to introduce a ballad theme song. However I think his greatest musical work was Xenosaga.