Favorite Pokemon Game?

Squigly

Undead Gamer
Registered
Nov 10, 2014
Let's face it, Pokemon is one of the biggest reasons why Nintendo has won the handheld market. It's the biggest selling franchise for all handheld games. I've played every Pokemon iteration since Emerald, and my favorite would probably be Pokemon Black/White. It added many more features to the game, and actually had more of a storyline to it than its predecessors.

Platinum. It still has the best villain out of the whole series, pretty decent amount of challenge for a Pokemon game, great set of Pokemon, and lots of post game content. Still my favorite.

My absolute favorite of all the Pokemon games is Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy Color. I know it's one of the older ones, but it's the Pokemon game that I spent the most time with and the one I managed to finish the Pokedex completely.

My favorite Pokemon game has to be Y. It is what revitalised my interest in the series.

I started out putting something ridiculous like 1,000 hours or more into my first Pokemon game, FireRed, to putting maybe 10 hours into Pokemon Black and White 2.

X and Y was the first time I only bought one new Pokemon release instead of both, reason obviously being I had just become so apathetic given how little I played the games.

I actually haven't picked up the latest games yet, but I will sooner or later.

I haven't played the new one or any of the newer games that have come out in the past couple of years, but my favorite older game was definitely Sapphire! I loved it so much and I was addicted to it so much more than any other game that I had.

Red has a lot of centimental value to me, so I think it might have to be my favorite.

They are all great though. I use at least 100 hours of my life whenever a new Pokemon game comes out.

My favourite will always be Pokemon Ruby. I have put the most hours into that version, and it continues to be my favourite. I have played through it at least 3 times now, and it was my first pokemon game ever.

My favorite Pokemon game is Emerald. This was one of the first games I've ever played on a handheld. Back then, I was really into the Digimon/Pokemon/monster battling type of games, so it really got me hooked. I just had to buy the DS and its Pokemon games after playing the ones on the GBA. Since then, my interest in Pokemon has died down a bit. I got Pokemon Y, but I actually don't care for the new ORAS remake as much.

I think Sapphire and Pearl/Platinum are my favourites.

I loved Sapphire for the new Pokemon and the story, I also loved Kyogre as the main legendary.

With Pearl, I loved the massive region, with many different environments. Pearl also brought lots of new things to the games, like the underground and spelunking minigame which was great fun to play with friends.

I haven't got around to buying X & Y yet, too busy playing Smash Bros and Zelda!

Red and Blue will always be my favorites. The nostalgia is real. Playing at school vs other kids on the bus. It was also really the first game of its type so it has a special place in my heart.

Yep, have to go with the originals, Red and Blue. The Blue version owned my life for a whole summer. I came so close to actually catching them all! I really tried to like Pokemon X, but just got overwhelmed with too many Pokemon to collect, and all of the HMs and TMS.

Crystal was also good when they brought in the Unown, being able to actually solve the puzzles and unlock things rather than have it being just a place you visited in Silver and Gold. Pearl's pretty good too, but I think Crystal and Silver will be my favourites - I believe Crystal was the first Pokémon game I ever played.

Let's face it, Pokemon is one of the biggest reasons why Nintendo has won the handheld market. It's the biggest selling franchise for all handheld games. I've played every Pokemon iteration since Emerald, and my favorite would probably be Pokemon Black/White. It added many more features to the game, and actually had more of a storyline to it than its predecessors.
I loved Crystal, I don't think any of the new ones can compare to the magic of my first pokemon game.

Silver, Gold, and Crystal are the best games. The remakes of Gold and Silver will suffice, too. The games started to get incredibly stale after that, and even the addition of 3D doesn't make a huge difference to the core gameplay. Pokemon has been going downhill for quite some time, and that's not going to change anytime soon. Some of the first main games are still the best ones.

Pokemon Gold holds a special place in my heart as my very first pokemon game. Getting to choose my starter, then going off to catch my first sentret, and then fighting my rival. It was just awesome. Though battles with my sister had its fair share of glitches, it was hilarious! I remember very strange glitches where I fought a lvl 0 tangela with hydro pump. Though the weirdest of them all was one time when I turned my game on ready to battle the elite four for the umpteenth time, and I looked at my team only to fond out that my lvl83 espeon had turned into a magneton. It kept all of espeon's moves but the stats changed. It was one of the biggest "wtf" moments ever.

And I also love Pokemon Stadium for the N64, preferably the minigames. I can't decide on a favorite because they all made me laugh lol

It's hard for me to be objective about this, honestly. The first Pokemon game I played was Yellow, but I was about 14 when Pokemon Ruby came out (I think) and that one has always held a soft spot in my heart. I need to get the remakes ASAP. I never played Emerald, but I'm sure it's just strictly better than Ruby/Saphire, right?

Has to be Pokemon Black. Loved the storyline, although I didn't play Black 2 so can't talk about that

For me, it was Heart Gold. This game has a sentimental value because it was the last Pokemon game I ever played. It was around the 5th grade and everyone stopped playing, and I was heart broken.

Platinum. It still has the best villain out of the whole series, pretty decent amount of challenge for a Pokemon game, great set of Pokemon, and lots of post game content. Still my favorite.
Yes! Platinum was the last Pokemon game I have played since it was also the last one that featured original Pokemon. The new series are full of Pokemon that have names that don't make sense. An old favorite of mine would be Sapphire since it was the game that introduced me to the wonderful world of Pokemon