Favorite MOBA?

MariusCat

Registered
Jan 19, 2015
What is your favorite MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena)?

I recently started playing League of Legends and SMITE which are turning me into a huge moba fan. I tried playing Dota 2 once but that did not go well. I was also able to try out the upcoming blizzard moba, Heroes of the Storm. It is extremely casual and easy. I have not been playing SMITE a lot lately because of the long wait times and bad match-ups. I love League of Legends though.

During the holidays, I've gotten into the closed alpha of Heroes of the Storm, and I have to say, while I usually despise MOBAs, I absolutely love this game. It is simplified enough so that even I, a person that SUCKS at MOBAs, can win a game. I also love the fact that matches usually end in about 15-20 minutes as opposed to the usual 40-50-60 minutes DOTA games.

League of Legends and Smite are the only mobas for me. They have pretty much everything you can ask for and they offer a pleasant experience over all.

I've only played LoL for the MOBA genre. I played it for a good 1,5 years and really enjoyed playing it. Played my fair amount of games to actually discuss the game. The game itself is fun, you need skills, strategy also but my main reason for not playing it anymore is the community. The community is starting to be one of the worst there is. And I've played games like COD and FIFA that are very bad. The player base is almost always raging about things and the fact they act 'cool' when they receive a chat ban from Riot it shows how much they give about the community.

I've only really been playing League of Legends a lot. Been playing that for two and a half years or so. Hopefully reaching that diamond in upcoming season 5. :) I agree that the community is absolutely terrible. People in this game flame their team mates so much, it's not even funny. Small mistakes make some people wish you cancer, according to some, losing your lane is a reportable offense lol. I tried Dota 2, but I don't really want to get into it. It looks even more complicated than League, and that took me forever to learn at a half-decent level (to be fair, it is my first moba). Also I really don't like things like turn speed that are in Dota.

I like Dota but recently I've been liking a MOBA mobile game called Vainglory a lot more. I originally was skeptical since I only knew of playing MOBAs with a mouse and a keyboard but it was surprisingly very easily controlled, not just in terms of tablet games but just as a game in general. I highly recommend it to anyone who has ios and is interested in MOBAs.

During the holidays, I've gotten into the closed alpha of Heroes of the Storm, and I have to say, while I usually despise MOBAs, I absolutely love this game. It is simplified enough so that even I, a person that SUCKS at MOBAs, can win a game. I also love the fact that matches usually end in about 15-20 minutes as opposed to the usual 40-50-60 minutes DOTA games.

Heroes of the Storm has a lot going for it, I am in the Alpha also and I think it is going to take a lot of casual people away from LOL. It isn´t nearly as hardcore, with shorter games, and also there are more cooperative and single player aspects to it. Alot of people will like to play this game, but will want to stay away from the untra-competitive pvp aspect of it. Blizzard would be wise to make sure these people have content and progression.

I started League of Legends a few months ago and have been completely addicted to it. It really appeals to my competitive nature with the ranking system. I know that there are a lot of other games other there that contain a ranking system, but it just so happens that League is the one my friends play.

The gameplay is smooth enough, though I do agree with the general consensus that game balance seems to swing wildly with each patch.

I am playing League of Legends currently, but I'd love to try out Heroes of The Storm someday. It look like a lot of fun judging from streams and videos. I hope that the open beta is close.
As for other MOBAs - I've tried Heroes of Newerth and Dota 2 (yet to try out Smite), but I never played them seriously. I guess LoL has that "addicting" factor that has a really big impact on me (and on many others :D).

DotA 2 for me, it's the most natural game for me having moved on from the original DotA Allstars mod on WarCraft III.

Another pretty unique MOBA out there is Awesomenauts, it takes on a 2D platformer instead of the typical 3D arena. Think of it as an ultra-casual MOBA when you just wanna chill.