Favorite Console of All Time

weepforsweep

Registered
Jan 1, 2015
For me, my favorite console is the Super Nintendo. With games like Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, Link to the Past, and Chrono Trigger how can you not select the Super Nintendo.

My favorite console was the Sega Genesis. Reason being, at the time of it's release and my age, it opened up new levels of in depth gameplay. It was a huge leap for the 8 bit consoles, with limited gameplay. Sure the SNES came out later and eventually surpassed the Genesis in every way, but the Genesis was the first out of the 16 bit gate, and made the first impression of how gaming could be.

I'd go with the PS2, partly due to the nostalgia of playing it during my teenage years, but in my opinion it spearheaded the transition into games becoming more realistic, and much better 3D graphics compared to the PS1.

This has got to be my old SNES. I grew up with the PS1 and PS2 and I love those things but... SNES was my very first console and it's very special to me. It's a great system and alot of amazing games came out for it. SNES in my <3

My favorite is the PS2 because that console has the most games I enjoyed. I also like that the games there were much more varied and even somewhat experimental. A close second for me would be the Sega Genesis because I also had a lot of games there that I liked.

There are a few consoles that I consider my favorite of all time. The first one definitely has to be the Nintendo 64. I spent most of my childhood playing that console.

The PlayStation 2, always. I can’t think of another platform that has as many great games as it.
PS2 + Gamecube is love and defines the golden age of videogames for me. Can’t go wrong with the overall awesome PS1 and 2 library + the few gems the GC has to offer.

My favorite console of all-time has to be the Nintendo 64. I had SO many games for that thing, and I loved every single one. I would spend hours upon hours playing my Nintendo 64 until I traded it for my second favorite console, the Sega Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was the first console I bought solely with my own money, and when you have a lot a brothers, it's pretty cool to have a console all to yourself (if you so choose).

I would have to go with the Sega Genesis. Even though all I played was mostly Mortal Kombat and Sonic, this is what got me into gaming from a young age. Unfortunately my parents didn't have much money was wasn't really exposed to other consoles until the Xbox came out.

I grew up playing the Gamecube with my sister. Super Monkey Ball was our game. I have so many fond memories of that console, so it has to be my top favorite.

My favorite was the Super Nintendo. There were a wealth of great games available on this system. My brother and I would play together for hours. As a child I remember the good times we had together playing this system.

Well for me it was the Sega mega drive and did enjoy games like the jungle book, Michael Jackson moon walker and lion king on it which had good graphics and sound. The one was Play station, which was real improved and graphics were real good and the movement of characters was nice to see in the game and had good games like Tekken 2 and 3 also Crash bandicoot series. The ps2 bought games like grand theft auto 3 and vice city and others ones like hitman and Tomb raider legend and Annivarsary which sold well on the console and did well for the sellers.

GameCube is my favorite. I love Nintendo's characters and stories. GameCube is also at a point where the graphics are appealing enough yet the system is still old enough to be considered a classic. I prefer old school games versus the new ones. I might just be biased.

I love the N64. It has tons of great games like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Bango Kazooie, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Mario Parties, Donkey Kong 64, and tons more. I grew up playing it with my brother and everything about it is so nostalgic. There are just tons of games and they weren't all modern shooters that everyone was hyped about, it was actual games with great stories.

You know, I have no idea. There's a lot of consoles I really like, and I don't think I have one that's my absolute favorite. I really liked Dreamcast, for the great fighting games - a lot of them arcade-perfect, and I'm also one of the few people that actually liked the gamepad. I've had a lot of fun with Gamecube as well, again, big fan of the gamepad. SNES is another favorite of mine, it had a ton of really good games, most of which look amazing even now, almost 20 years later...

So, take your pick. :p

It is tough to pick just one as there are so many to choose from but ultimately, if I had to choose just the one console, I would choose the SNES. It not only had a ton of great games but also the childhood nostalgia factor.

I have to go with the Gamecube slightly over the N64. I have more nostalgic memories with the N64, but I feel the Gamecube is overall a better gaming device, with more diverse library. Both are great for offline local multiplayer, (which is a big plus in my book) but I like the Gamecube controller much better.

I have to go with the Gamecube slightly over the N64. I have more nostalgic memories with the N64, but I feel the Gamecube is overall a better gaming device, with more diverse library. Both are great for offline local multiplayer, (which is a big plus in my book) but I like the Gamecube controller much better.
I agree with you on the Gamecube controller. The Gamecube controller is still my favorite controller of all time I think. I wasn't a big fan of the n64 controller.

PS2 has to be my favorite console. It really feels like it had the best games, as if the technology had finally caught up with the ideas of the developers.

Its between Gameboy, Playstation, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3. My Gameboy was my first console, even if it was handheld. I had so many games on it and I loved being able to take it places. I am going to have to say that Playstation 3 was my favorite Non-Handheld and theres really one simple reason why I can say this with certainty over the Playsation, and that is Backwards compatability. The early models of the Playstation 3 could play games from both the previous PS and PS2 consoles which meant that it already had an amazing library to draw from. I'm unsure if the PS or Playstation 2 had the better games, but the PS3's ability to play them all including the games of its own makes it my favorite system.