Fave Smash Characters

squallsnake

Editor In Chief
Staff member
Jan 27, 2013
Chicagoland
squallsnake.com
The 3DS version has been out for a while now and the Wii U version is right around the corner. Who is your fave Smash character and why? I have always been a Captain Falcon player ever since the first N64 version.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
I always stick with link probably because I've been playing with him since the first Smash came out. I am also a big fan of the Zelda series. Sometimes I use Toon Link because he just looks hilarious.

Reactions: pandabear1991
Oh man, I've been playing Smash for so long now that I almost forget how long it has actually been. Back on N64 with the original release, I always favored Captain Falcon and Samus. Captain Falcon was a hard hitting character with a nice mix of moves and the benefit of speed / quickness which I liked. Samus had the range game which I also abused against my brothers playing in our own little tournaments. They couldn't stand the blaster, and when they jumped in I would be dropping mines. Just a deadly combo.

Gamecube, I still played Samus a bit. I mostly turned away from Falcon completely though. I began to use Zelda more and more but that gameplay was limited to Sheik. The quickness was a huge reason I gravitated to that character. Speed to kill and then some. I also used a lot of Marth. My brothers all loved using Roy and favored him over Marth, so I decided to pick up a Marth to counter them and best them with a similar style.

I never really got into Brawl though. I bought a Wii U and got the game, but couldn't handle using the Wii controller to try and play the game. It was just too weird and too foreign to me, so I gave up on it fairly quickly. Can't for the next installment. Greninja has caught my eye already.

I am not a fan of Greninja. I also hate the Villager. Yoshi actually has an extra jump this time around so now he is half way decent.

And why does the announcer say "Greninja" in kinda of a creepier voice in comparison to all the other characters when he is selected? Have you noticed that, or is that just me?

I've always played Link. One thing I've really enjoyed about the series is how there's a lot of ability cross-over between the games. In each game, Link has had his trademark sword spin in the air, for example.

With the new Smash Bros, I've been trying out different characters. I've noticed that I struggle with the slower characters, but do well with quick ones like Sheik.

It's going to take some time to find my groove.

I love Pit for the sole reason that trolling people is so easy with him. I can beat just about anyone, but messing with people is so much more amusing. Link is a great character that I enjoy using, too, though. It just depends on how I feel and how competitive I want to be for a given game. Sometimes, I just prefer messing around and enjoying myself. ;]

Shulk and Luigi would be my favourites. I love the fact Shulk can switch his defensive and offensive abilities using his arts, and he has the best quotes. Never thought "I'm really feeling it!" would ever be something I can't get out of my head.

Call me lame all you want, but when I have the option to choose Yoshi for anything, I almost always choose Yoshi. Sometimes when I'm playing Smash Bros I'll choose Pikachu or Kirby, but that's only sometimes or if someone takes Yoshi first, which is almost never.

Huge fan of Bowser and Villager in the new Smash Bros. It's funny, Lucas was easily my favorite in Brawl yet I don't like Ness whatsoever in any version. Before that I was a fan of Fox but somewhere along the way I stopped caring for him all that much. Going into the new Smash I had no clue what I'd "main" as I'd also play Mr Game&Watch now and again as well as R.O.B. but I never played them primarily. I love what they've done to Bowser and Villager is a ton of fun and a great addition to the lineup.

Over the years, well, ever since Brawl, my favorite character has consistently been Mr. Game and Watch.
I honestly don't know why anymore. I feel that he has never been a good player, and he probably could use a buff. But, perhaps it was the challenge of becoming good with a "weak" character that made me want to play as him.
So i have, and while I may not play him as much anymore, I occasionally become nostalgic and beat some level 7 cpu's as him. Plus, getting a '9' on his side B is the best feeling in the world!

My favourite smash character is kirby. Even though his special power is overpowered he is still the best. His ability to fly when kicked off the map really seals the deal for me.

My favorite Smash character would probably be Pit. I love him because of his blade-spin-skill-thingy, where I just keep doing it, and it makes my friends mad that they cant Smash me out.

In no particular order:
Link/Toon Link (has a wide variety of skills and works from a distance and up close)
Meta Knight (he's a combo king with quick attack speed and the best recovery in the game)
Wolf (his overall moveset is enjoyable and he's good at applying pressure)
Captain Falcon (do I even need to explain this at all?)
Lucario (has a high learning curve, but has more options compared to Mewtwo and is fun to play around with)
Solid Snake (excellent projectiles and traps and deadly at close range make him amazing)

My favorite Smash Characters are Yoshi and Kirby. I'm not really one to play Smash much but I do like to eat people, turn them into an egg, and throw them. At the same time, I also like to swallow my enemies whole for no reason whatsoever. Thus, Yoshi and Kirby are the most appealing characters to me.

Definitely Captain Falcon. He's been my favorite since the original Smash Brothers and I've been playing him ever since. I don't know, I just like the way he plays.

Also, his lines are hilarious.

My favorite Smash Characters are Yoshi and Kirby. I'm not really one to play Smash much but I do like to eat people, turn them into an egg, and throw them. At the same time, I also like to swallow my enemies whole for no reason whatsoever. Thus, Yoshi and Kirby are the most appealing characters to me.
Yeah those two are two of my favorites too, even though they're probably not the best characters with the most powerful moves and stuff like that. The stuff that they're able to do in the game is just a lot of fun and that's what really matters to me in the long run when playing video games, having fun.

I like Pikachu's lightning powers. I also like Marth's swordplay abilities. But Meta Knight is the best in my view. His powers are so diverse. he has swords, he can fling himself as a drill, he can become a tornado, and he can disappear and reappear somewhere else. My son and I use to play this game a lot. I may need to get it out!

My favorite smash character is probably Ike from the Fire Emblem series. His attacks are slow and he's not very agile but his hits can deal a lot of damage. If you know how to use Ike, he is a very good character for brawling. Probably one of the best. His Final Smash is awesome too.