Far Cry 4

eMike22

Registered
Dec 5, 2014
Having really enjoyed playing the third installment of Far Cry, I was really looking forward to this game. Unfortunately I was deeply disappointed. The game stutters, even though I have a pretty good computer. It turns out a lot of people have been experiencing lag spikes and stuttering, so the guys at Ubisoft released a patch. However, the first impression is what really makes me decide whether I want to play a game or not, and to be honest, this one really didn't live up to my expectations. The map, the atmosphere, and the overall feel of the game don't even come close to the brilliance of Far Cry 3. But hey, that's just my opinion. Perhaps I'll give it another chance one day. Definitely not anytime soon, though.

Last edited:
I thought it was just my Computer, I have lag spikes when im driving around the island and when i first started the game I couldnt see shit in sunlight and shadow. That was fixed after a quick settings change but i kinda stopped playing waiting for a patch to these lag spikes. And we should have expected this, they just push every game they release.

Yeah, I agree. I have a fairly good computer in terms of gaming, and I had to lower all my graphic options to "low" and change the resolution from 1920x1080 to something like 1360x600 (can't remember exact dimensions). Gameplay wise, I think it's decent. It definitely feels like a DLC for Far Cry 3, or something. The only addition that really makes it feel different is the grappling hook (which I really do love), but other than that... it just feels like the same game in a new land.

Yes, the optimization is really poor. With regards to the gameplay though I'm pretty divided, there's many people on both sides of the camp. Personally I feel that it remains a pretty enjoyable game.

It does feel like a dlc to far cry 3, but the story is interesting nonetheless.

After much procrastination, I finally caved and purchased Far Cry 4. I agree with what others here have wrote. This does feel more like a continuation of Far Cry 3 than its own new freestanding game. While it doesn't live up to Far Cry 3 (which was always going to be had for me as FC3 was one of my games of the year), I am still enjoying the game and deep it is a worthy addition to any collection.