Family Guy

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
Ok I believe I have waited the requisite number of days to allow somebody else to start this topic. But I believe the new Family Guy warrants discussion. I am sure kurruption will back me up on this, but I haven't heard from him in a few days.

I liked the new episode. I thought it fit in perfectly with the rest of the series. I look forward to the new season.

Tom Tucker: We now go to Ollie Williams for the punishment forecast. Ollie?
Ollie Williams: HE GONNA GET IT.
Tom Tucker: Thanks Ollie.

Instant classic.

to be honest I was looking forward to American Dad more than I was for Family Guy, but lo and behold, Family Guy had me laughing my ass off, and American Dad felt nothing like the episode I saw after the Super Bowl, The Family Guy commercials seemed too idiotic, and nothing like the past seasons, admit it people that whole soup deal and shiny red ball clips seemed nothing like *our* family guy, it's great that they proved me wrong.

"Our sex life has become so dull you have to fantasize about George Clooney!?"

Well, episode 2 had its ups and downs in my opinion. There were plenty of laugh out loud moments, but I thought they tried too hard on a few of the jokes. Hopefully they will expand on the Law and Order bit.

Stewie: Whatever helps you sleep at night bitch.

Great delivery.

*scream out every foul word you know*

I missed the damn show, I took out my girlfriend and made it home only in time for american dad. I guess that was the sign I needed to know it's time to break it up. American dad was way better than the previous one though.

"My father never listened to me either, that and my uncle touched me."

Well, first you need to find out your girlfriend's opinion of Family Guy. That could be a defining aspect of the relationship. You must make sure your significant other has the right beliefs and values.

Remember: it doesn't really matter where you're from, as along as we're all the same religion.

At the risk of alienating all of you I feel the need to gripe. Family Guy and American Dad are up against Desperate Housewives. I haven't seen any of the new episodes as a result. I desperately need a Tivo. In the meantime I'm planning to wait until DH is in reruns. I'm the only one here who watches DH, aren't I?

I have to see DH as well on Sunday night so therefore I use the VCR to record Family Guy...much cheaper than TIVO :) You can get one for about the price of a new video game. (if not cheaper)

Sunday night was too good of a night for TV..in fact I have BOTH VCR's recording...had to watch the Survivor finale although this season I didn't really care for any of the contestants.

I do like about Housewives is that they seem to be revealing some stuff and adding more to the plot.

Lynn

Reply to: wijg:

Well, first you need to find out your girlfriend's opinion of Family Guy. That could be a defining aspect of the relationship. You must make sure your significant other has the right beliefs and values.

Remember: it doesn't really matter where you're from, as along as we're all the same religion.

To answer that question, I missed it agian, once agian watched american dad, enjoyed it. I think it's not going to work out.

"oh come on meg, I bet if we fixed it up a bit it could be a piece of crap."

I have not yet experienced the phenomenon that is Desparate Housewives. My sister watches it loyally I believe. Episode III of Family Guy was pretty average. They have one classic throwback and the rest of the episode was pretty ehhhh. Kind of like Purgatory. I wish it had focused more on Quagmire. He is a very amusing character.

Yeah Sunday's episode was a little disappointing but I really enjoyed american dad.

Hoping family guy can recapture their humor totally and stop relying on past laughs...like the chicken fight. They need to build more fans and showing stuff that depends on episodes that ran years ago won't cut it.

Lynn

at work everyone is always talking about television. i live in a tiny town and only have access to one channel. NBC. if anyone watches shows on NBC, i might be able to comment.

i did enjoy family guy back in the day, and wish i could see the new episodes though.

right now my favorite show is the Contender.

"Didn't you know? Christians don't believe in gravity"

"Intro: In the television comedy world, the people are enternained by two seperate yet uqually important type of shows; traditional sidcoms that get laughs at of everyday situations... such as trying to fix your own plumbing or inviting two girls to the same dance, and animated shows that make jokes about farting. This is the latter:
Peter: Aww sorry I just farted."

Man I wish they had done more with that. The Law and Order parady was a great idea. I hope they bring that back and develop it more. I was bummed when they didn't do it for Episode III.

what are you talking about? they ended that episode with the starwars theme... and the last five minutes of the show were like making fun of starwars. (Remember? R2D2 farted...)

Actually, I set my VCR wrong. It cut off a few minutes early. I saw the beginning of the Episode IV ending parody, and then I lost it. I wasn't sure if the ending redeemed the episode. Before I watched it though, I was thinking that they should have a Star Wars tie in since it was Episode III for this season. For the Zoolander fans, I guess that means I'm bulimic.

Ahhh, I am glad someone else is a fan of the Floyd. Being a fan of quotes, a quotemaster if Space Ghost wills, I always wonder who else gets what I throw out.

One of my coworkers (Call her Annoying Old Woman, AOW) must do nothing but watch TV all the time when she's not working. Every day she comes in and asks me "Did you see Last last night? Did you see Housewives last night? Did you watch the Elvis special? Did you watch 24? Did you see how CSI ended? Did you catch the 72-hour marathon on the history of soap?"

The thing is, I always say no, I don't watch a lot of TV. But she keeps asking. Every. Day. Like, how many times do I have to say no I didn't watch that because I don't watch your shitty network shows!

What's even worse is that her husband has an illegal satellite dish setup but all she watches is network TV. This si mostly because the dish randomly picks and chooses what channels it wants tp show... I'll say "No, I watched Good East yesterday" and she'll say "Oh we don't have Food Network this week." Plus she says it in a really annoying way like she's accusing me of reprogramming satellites to deny her Food Network.

Today I caught the second half of "Shattered Glass", the movie about Stepehn Glass with Hayden Christensen. That was pretty good. Then I decided what games I wanted to sell on eBay. But my camera's batteries need to charge so I couldn't take pictures to put them up yet.

Hmmmm that makes me think... maybe a "Marketplace" section of the forums would be a good idea, for people to buy/sell/trade their games and other crap.