Fallout 3

DearSweetAru

Registered
Nov 19, 2014
I know it's not necessarily "new," but that's been the game I've been playing on the xbox.

It's a really fun game! I love being able to explore around and receive various missions in hidden areas not pertaining to the main plot line. I sort of stopped the main plot after you go into the vault where you have to be in a simulator. After that I focused on exploring the map to see what places there are. It's so interesting finding the different references (such as a Lovecraft one) and the hidden goodies you can only find if you explore (or, ya know, use a guide... I try not to :p).

I'm having mixed feelings about trying the other Fallouts. Most people I speak to insist 3 is the best. Namely they express extreme disinterest in Vegas.

Any Fallout 3 players out there? Maybe someone who disagrees on disliking Vegas? Favorite area or vault?

Last edited:
I know it's not necessarily "new," but that's been the game I've been playing on the xbox.

It's a really fun game! I love being able to explore around and receive various missions in hidden areas not pertaining to the main plot line. I sort of stopped the main plot after you go into the vault where you have to be in a simulator. After that I focused on exploring the map to see what places there are. It's so interesting finding the different references (such as a Lovecraft one) and the hidden goodies you can only find if you explore (or, ya know, use a guide... I try not to :p).

I'm having mixed feelings about trying the other Fallouts. Most people I speak to insist 3 is the best. Namely they express extreme disinterest in 4.

Any Fallout 3 players out there? Maybe someone who disagrees on disliking 4? Favorite area or vault?

I'm going to assume that by "4" you mean "New Vegas", because Fallout 4 hasn't been released yet. Anyways, I've played both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. They're both amazing games. I preferred New Vegas over 3.

There are some major changes between the two games (VATS, iron sights, and perks) being the major ones that I can think of. That said, which one you'll prefer will depend on what you like the most about Fallout 3. If you tell me what you like in 3, I can tell you whether or not that's in New Vegas, or if it's been changed/removed.

Oh, yes! New Vegas. My bad. With how they spoke of it I was under the impression it was Fallout 4: New Vegas not just Fallout New Vegas. Suppose I should research before I post nonsense lol. I'll edit up my first post lest it confuse people.

I really love how vast the map is and all the different stories you can find by exploring it, namely. I haven't really cared at all about the main plot because I enjoy immersing myself in all of the side quests you can only find by looking around.

Based on what you said, you will LOVE Fallout New Vegas. The map is pretty big, and the stories are everywhere. I know you said that you pretty much abandoned the plot in 3, but in New Vegas, there are a total of 4 different factions that all have slightly different stories to go with them.

I've had New Vegas for 2-4 years now and I still haven't completed everything. What I've said so far is just the base game. There's also 4 DLCs for it that are great too. In order (because they do tell a story when put together) they are: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.

Hmmm, I might have to look into it then! I think someone I know may own it, in which I can just borrow it. I'm totally down for new games to play and all. Everyone bashing it just made me not really care too much to look into it, especially since I play Fallout for fun and not because I'm some huge fan. Stuff I'm a fan for I'll just buy and figure out myself lol

The Fallout series is awesome! My favorite part about the game is the companions feature. In Fallout 3, I loved Dogmeat! Exploring the wasteland with man's best friend is so fun. As you can see, my profile picture is Rex, another companion from Fallout: New Vegas. There's just something about the animal companions that I really like. I did like the other companions in New Vegas like Boone and Cass because their stories had a lot of depth. Fallout: New Vegas is definitely worth getting if you like to explore the map and if you like stories. You could spend quite a bit of time learning to know all the companions and completing their quests.

I loved Fallout 3, one of those games where I wanted to explore every last corner of the map and do every quest available. New Vegas on the other hand, after playing it for a few days it just got so boring so quickly, the plot wasn't very interesting and there weren't too many quests that grabbed my attention. Also I quickly found myself having such a large amount of money that I could purchase anything I wanted which in a post-apocalyptic wasteland is sort of bizarre.

I started playing New Vegas sometime last year, but I ended stopping for one reason or another. I actually really liked it. The world is HUGE, and you can just run around discovering new places for hours. I assume Fallout 3 is the same in many ways. I spent so many hours on New Vegas I feel like I have to finish it a t some point. Winter's coming so many I might blow the dust off my New Vegas.

Fallout 3 is the best game on the planet! There literally aren't any games that even come close to it in the category of Xbox 360.

The main attribute I like is that the player can walk around and shoot anyone in the face. This is extremely fun because The characters all get mad and shoot back. Also, gameplay is way better than allot of games

I love the Fallout series as a whole. Fallout 3 was so good and I have yet to finish New Vegas. I'm, going to get started on that real soon.

Fallout 3 is a classic, and one of the best open world games I've ever played. New Vegas isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it's not as well done as 3. The one annoying thing about New Vegas, that kept throwing me out of the immersion, was the character animations. They talk with a completely blank look on their face. There was one character who is shouting, and his voice is angry and wild, but his face is completely blank. It weirded me out so much. Also, if you play close enough attention, you notice that every NPC has the same. exact. animation. Their talking animations are all identical. (Same hand on hip and one hand waving or crossed arms and swaying) Or they just have bizarre animations in general. (Guy eternally picking up something up and cleaning it, but neither piles change height) I'm an free-lance artist with animators for friends, so maybe it's just something I notice more then others.

New Vegas quests are kind of boring and tedious, but if you just wanna explore and discover things, then New Vegas is awesome! The areas are all very cool and interesting, it's just the dialogue and character quests that are kind of bland. New Vegas is definitely worth a play, but buy it on sale! ;)