Fable 2 - praises and gripes

DaveMack

Super Staff Dude
Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Peter Molyneux just announced this week that you will have a virtual dog accompanying you throughout your adventures in Fable 2. Not only that but if you get married and have sex, you can create offspring in your own image! As the original Fable had many aspects of gameplay that seemed somewhat unfinished, does this announcement stir any excitement in you or is it just another ploy to add 'innovations' and sell games?

Wow. That's special. I would have to get more info on it first. Do the dog and offspring have any relevancy to gameplay or are they just another bell and whistle?

Thats the question i'm asking. Seems like the dog is more of a guide and weapon and the offspring is more of a story element kind of thing.

Well, I guess that kind of confirms that you're not going to have a gender option. Otherwise the whole "have kids" thing would be held back by nine months of screaming over nothing while making your husband buy you random food.

Well, hopefully you'll be able to buy more than one house again. God knows that you don't wanna go back to the one with the screaming wife.

Seems interesting enough. Now if It would be my way, you could either raise your offspring right and once it's all grown you have yourself a NPC that helps you out and you can give orders to. If you treat it like crap, an optional boss that tries to chop your head off. Same thing with the dog, I hope you can choose which type of dog it is, I want my character to be a musclebound shirtless guy with a huge axe and a poodle by it's side.

Darth_Jonas said:
hey, how about a mini-game where you have to figure out what food-cravings she wants?
haha, very funny, thatwould be kinda ineresting though, i can see it now, the massive hero running around franticly looking for pizza with horse radish and anchovies..well somethin like that, it would be different in the fable universe of course.

i own fable, and have played and beteen lost chapters, and it was one of the most entertaining games ive ever played, it gets boring after u do all the missions though, i think they should have some that u can only do when uve beteen the game in fable 2, to keep u busy and entertained while u go back and find everything u missed the first time through.

I like how the sidequests in Oblivion were. Most weren't crucial to the storyline, so you could "beat" the game in no time. But if you want to really flesh out your character and do some really cool stuff, you have to do those quests. If they could have more stuff to do when you reach the top-tier, it would be better. For instance, once you have ascended to the top of the ladder in the assassins guild, you don't get any more jobs. I think that's when you should get some really weird and really difficult jobs. Maybe offing some of the characters you meet in the story. You could even have it to where the story changes if you choose to kills someone.

yeah i know what u mean, in fable when u get maxed out whether uve got missions left or not, theres no challange, u just walk through and kill every thing in like 3 hits, unless its a rock, earth, ice troll, or a frozen undead, they need to save more difficult missions for when u need a challange, not when everything is a challange, they only thing that i find after the end of te game is keeping people alive as u escape gaurds or bandits, enimies go down easily, but they ignoreu and go straight for the guy ur protecting, and there needs to be a wider range of weapons and clothing, i knew all the weapons before i had even made it to the arena, with the exception of the solus great sword, so they need to make weapons that u can find out in the middle of no were, like in morrowind, i got all my best weapons from exploring, nt from a shop, and the only rare armor i found on that game was the archons battle armorwhich was just realy shiney plate armor with a helm and higer armor rating, they need to make more variety in the item, every great sword looks the same with the exception of color. but i cant wait till fable 2, i do hope that they dont have a town that doesn allow weapons this time though, i know y they mafe the weaponless town bowerstone in fable, it was the only town that had children..i should sleep.....

All i know is that Fable 2 better be longer and harder...... wait, i didn't say that ......... Fable 2 better have more missions and a higher degree of diffuculty. much better. I didn't like the fact that as soon as your pretty much powered up theres nothing left to do, you can try to find stupid dolls but how much fun is that? I need more meat and potatoes in a game, not story fillers and fetch quests.

The game needs more, better-developed characters. Because, really, there were only five in the entire game. The mage guy who betrays you. Your estranged mother and sister. That skank who wants a black rose. And Jack.

what about thunder, whisper, the guild master, and in lost chapters briar rose and scythe kinda,thety didnt play major parts really, but they still had a purpose, and with the exception of scythe u can kill all of them..in lost chapters

How about a SOLID character creation system. The last one was decent, but didn't offer too much variety. The best character creation system (In my humble opinion) is Fallout 2. There's so many different varieties of ways to tweak your character i don't think it's possible to get 2 the same.