Evolve Beta on Steam

Squigly

Undead Gamer
Registered
Nov 10, 2014
Anyone who owns Bioshock Infinite or previously participated in the Evolve Alpha should have access to the beta now. Also pre-purchasing the game now will give you a free copy of Left 4 Dead.

Has anyone tried it so far? It's a pretty interesting game but I honestly feel that more work needs to be done, or it might die out soon just like Titanfall.

Awww that sounds so awesome. I actually wanted to buy Bioshock Infinite during the holiday sale but didn't get around to it. I would love to hear some people's thoughts on the beta as well.

I don't really like this game. Firstly, it's very poorly optimized - I can only run it at ~35 fps on LOW, when my rig can run Far Cry 4 on mid-high at 60 fps.

Secondly, I just don't understand the hype surrounding it. It basically is the Tank encounter from Left 4 Dead (2), only modified a bit.

I, for one, think it's going to flop really fast.

Anyone who owns Bioshock Infinite or previously participated in the Evolve Alpha should have access to the beta now. Also pre-purchasing the game now will give you a free copy of Left 4 Dead.

Has anyone tried it so far? It's a pretty interesting game but I honestly feel that more work needs to be done, or it might die out soon just like Titanfall.
Yeah I played the Beta on XBONE I don't think this game will be fun very long (Like Titan Fall) I kinda regret the preorder. Maybe if they add hats....

Evolve looks pretty cool but I really don't like the pricing scheme on it, it's already $60 and there's a lot of $15 characters to buy.

It's also multiplayer only so it's probably going to be a financial disaster.

I've tried the alpha, and I really didn't care for it. Even played it with friends, so you could say Igot the "full experience". I don't know, I just don't care about these modern team shooters.

I lost all interest in this game thanks to the developers claiming repeatedly that it was built from the ground up with DLC in mind. That message alone makes their intentions very clear to me and I do not support these cash grabbing practices.

Also the fact that the game goes "gold", which means is ready for shipping and a week later another beta starts for it? I feel like these people just abuse those development terms to produce market hype.