Emulators Thread

PrideKidd

Registered
Hello everyone,

I know a lot of us out there use emulators, myself included. My question is what is your favorite Emulator and what System is it emulating? An example would be " Jnes " for regular Nintendo. So what are your favorites that actually work good that you would personally recommend to someone who is new to emulators.

Also a side question. Has anyone ever been able to find a good site for getting Full Roms Sets for their emulators. I had someone ask me that question earlier and I had no answer. Maybe you will.

Jnes is pretty good for the NES platform. Really, it's not all that hard it seems to emulate the earlier era of gaming consoles, since the entirety of the NES library can fit on a 7gig flashdrive I have.

It just seems to have a lot of problems the newer the technology is. For example I really like the ZSNES emulation platform, mostly because it's been the most stable for almost a decade now, despite the fact that there are better emulator programs out there for the Super Nintendo that are stable. It's an easy enough interface. Drag and drop in a folder and find the rom that way. As far as a PS1 emulator, I've been having more trouble finding a stable one. I did find ePSXe to be nice, but I disliked having to change settings for each game that I wanted to play. Though I did like the shaders they provided in emulating playing a game on a CRTV for that more "authentic" feel.

I am trying to figure out ePSXe right now actually I downloaded it last night. While it is a pretty simple emulator to use, it took me a while to learn how to put a dual disc game altogether. If you happen to run across any more PS emulators that are better please let me know. :p TY!