Dungeon Keeper Mobile

Kleineganz

Registered
Nov 12, 2014
Colorado, USA
geek-central.net
Anyone else here play this game? I've been obsessed with it for months now. I spent a lot of time (I try to avoid spending any real cash on the game) digging out all the rock in my dungeon, so I could more easily reconfigure all the rooms.

I've come up with a decently defensible layout, although they keep sending players at me that are far more advanced, and have really advanced/highly trained immortals. I think my layout is fine, but I need save up my stone so I can upgrade all my defenses more.

The game is fun, but it's also a test of patience!

Did they change the game so that you don't have to wait 24 hours or even more to mine one block? I haven't looked it up since I heard about it and saw a lot of very negative reviews.

Did they change the game so that you don't have to wait 24 hours or even more to mine one block? I haven't looked it up since I heard about it and saw a lot of very negative reviews.
It depends on the rock type. There are three types of rock when you start out - the majority is "soft" and only takes a couple of seconds to excavate. The next level are "gem veins" and they take about 2 hours to excavate (1 hour if you have the minion speed boost), and yield about 2-3 gems. The hardest are the "hard gen veins" and they take 12 hours (6 hours if you have the minion speed boost), and those yield about 9-10 gems.

If you spend real money, all this can be done a lot faster, but I have a lot of patience so I just set my minions out to do their work and I come back 12 hours later to check on their progress. I don't have time to sit here playing all day as it is so I just log in, set my minions to work and come back later.

It depends on the rock type. There are three types of rock when you start out - the majority is "soft" and only takes a couple of seconds to excavate. The next level are "gem veins" and they take about 2 hours to excavate (1 hour if you have the minion speed boost), and yield about 2-3 gems. The hardest are the "hard gen veins" and they take 12 hours (6 hours if you have the minion speed boost), and those yield about 9-10 gems.

If you spend real money, all this can be done a lot faster, but I have a lot of patience so I just set my minions out to do their work and I come back 12 hours later to check on their progress. I don't have time to sit here playing all day as it is so I just log in, set my minions to work and come back later.
So they must have improved since. How far are you in the game with how much active playtime?

I didn't hear about this game before, but I'm always looking forward to any new games that might popup anywhere. I'll check this game out when I get to it, probably soon. I didn't play a lot of games that require patience, but I'll give it a go anyway. Thanks for sharing!

I looked it up, but it requires a persistent internet connection so that screws me. I like games like this but having no internet connection at home sucks. If there was an option for offline play, it would be helpful considering some things take twelve hours. Whether it would work on my tablet is another thing - but the graphics look pretty cool.

I looked it up, but it requires a persistent internet connection so that screws me. I like games like this but having no internet connection at home sucks. If there was an option for offline play, it would be helpful considering some things take twelve hours. Whether it would work on my tablet is another thing - but the graphics look pretty cool.
Well the game is a PvP kind of game where you're attacking other players (and they're attacking you) which is the reason for the persistent connection.

I understand that, but you'd think while you're just building at the very beginning, there'd be a sort of grace period where you can play offline. There are a fair few games that are mostly online but can play offline as well, it's just a pity they don't bring that in. It seems like a wicked game.