DS Lite

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Heh. I went out for a beer yesterday with my fiancee and her brother and sister, around 5 o'clock, to a pub next door to a FutureShop (like a Best Buy or Circuit City). I considered heading over to the FutureShop first, to get a DS Lite, but thought, "naw that would be rude, I'll just go after". Then I realized around 5:50 that the store was closing in 10 minutes. I left a third of a beer and an unpaid bill on the table, with barely a word to anyone and jogged my slightly inebriated self across the street. I looked for a DS on the shelf for about 5 or six minutes (big mistake), then finally asked someone. I learned that the couple standing next to me, checking out at the department till, was purchasing the store's last unit.

So then I dashed over to a nearby Walmart (beer still on the table, bill still unpaid). But the Walmart people hadn't even heard about DS Lite and didn't know when they'd be getting them. I had no other options yesterday. So I went back to the pub and tried to be sociable.

This morning, it looks like I might have a bit more luck. I've been calling some local stores near my office, and found a Walmart that DOES have about 6 or 7 units (according to the clerk). I'll be taking a break and driving over in about an hour and a half or so.

I'm hoping for either Brain Age, Mario Bros., or Mario Kart. If they don't have any of those, anybody have any recommendations (that isn't Animal Crossing)?

My DS Lite should be at my door on Wednesday. I have an older DS but I hear that the Lite is a whole new experience- its look and feel will make you wonder why the hell Nintendo made the origional DS in the first place.

I suggest New Super Mario Bros- I don't know if you are a SMB fan but this game is one of the best in the series with new improvements and some nifty power ups that made you feel as cool as getting that Hammer Bros power up in SMB3.

I also picked up Metroid Prime Hunters. I have spent much less time with this game but the short time I have played didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Today I plan on hunting down Age of Empires 2 and Castlevania.

I got it. I got Brain Age. I'll be looking for New SMB in a week or two. I don't know about Hunters. I'm not thrilled with the idea of a FPS on a hand-held. I'm not too keen on them on consoles to begin with.

If you want a long-lasting game, try for Mario 64 or Advance Wars. If you like a nice, fast-paced game that takes advantage of the touch screen, go for Kirby CC (only about 15 hours worth playing, though). If you can, pick up a used Trace Memory.

It's an adventure game that's pretty snazzy, but short. So if you can get it cheap, it's nice to check out.

I saw some screens. It looks pretty nifty. A little bit of a puzzle solver maybe?

So, who else got one of these contraptions. I'm not taking my lunch until this bad boy is fully charged! (1.75 hours so far).

Does it have the Opera browser on it? I heard something about that, but I'm not sure...

Also, does it come with Pictochat? or is Pictochat extra?

Can you set up an ad-hoc network with a friend if you are close together (without a wi-fi router)?

If your router is password protected, will the DS work with it?

Trace Memory does have some very nifty puzzles.

Opera is going to be sold seperately, later this year.

Pictochat is built in.

Yes.

Yes.

Oh, that's just frickin awesome. Especially the ad-hoc thing. I'm very stoked about that, cause I know a buddy of mine is getting one, and we'll be playing Mario Kart and other such games with each other.

Wow. I'm really excited now.

So, I took my DS Lite into my company's atrium at lunch to train my brain a bit. I was amazed at how well I could see the screen even in direct sunlight.

I discovered that Brain Age is only fun for about 15 minutes a day (but I intend to train daily, or as close to daily as possible). So I spent the remainder of my lunch hour tracking down a copy of the New SMB. I haven't played it yet, but I will tonight. And I'll be setting up my home Wi-Fi connection on my DS. My name is "rectoverso" if that means anything to anyone (I don't know if it does yet, but I'll find out tonight!)

Arrrrgh!!!!!1

Now I'm going mental. I have an hour left of work and I'm supposed to be writing an article for the company newsletter (the only time I get paid to write, heh), but all I can think about is leaving here and playing with my DS Lite. I can't focus on anything else.

I just got mine I have know friedns at all :( I have Mario Kart and Tetris, A few others but the only ones I can go online with. I would love to Kart with someone.

I took my friends and i can't put it down.

But did anybody here about the Black DS Lite's that got stolen. Man it's gonna be some pissed off parents and kids in Europe. But maybe i'll get lucky and get one on ebay.

If I get black DS I will sell my white on to anyone who wants it for $110 Free Shipping. Any buyer please let me know. Everything will be done by Pay Pal. So hope I lock donw on a one.

As sweet as the black DS may be, I'm pretty pleased with my sleek, white one. It compliments my black Nano perfectly - a little Yin Yang action, you know?