Dreamcast

thunderking85

Registered
Apr 11, 2006
Philly,PA
We should all pay respect to the system that started the online craze, but was still so under rated. I remember putting hour of game play just on Marvel Vs Capcom, and Power Stone. Sonic Adventure Resident Evil: Code Veronica,Crazy Taxi, the start of the 2K sports,Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio,Soul Calibur, and my favorite RPG Skies of Arcdia. I know some will say Dreamcast is not quite a classic yet, but it began so much in its short life span.

j

and dont forget Sega GT. the graphics are amazing that it could compete against GameCube. it was the ps3 of its time. (at least the graphics). i still love that thing especially the VMU. it made the games more interesting and fun. im wondering what really happened. they say that it was because sega never had a traditional style like nintendo and sony. i still wished they were still in business delivering quality stuff.

1) Sega died from the console business because of the PS2. EA's refusal to publish for the Cast killed it in America. The better games on the PS2 killed it in Japan.
2) Sega still puts out quality games.

DC was absolutely awesome while it was around. Yeah it made a solid jump in grapics and some of the system elements seemed a little rushed, but the one area where it shined was the games. From Worms: Armageddon to RE: Veronica to Virtua Tennis (which has a bad ass sequel coming out) the Dreamcast had all the makings of a great system. Damn you PS2!! Damn you!!

Anyone ever turn theirs on it's side to see if it really does explode?

j

wait...how can the ps2 kill it if it was around the time of psone and n64(and maybe older)?i know the ps2 didnt exist at all during the dc age. maybe WAY later but not that early.

The PS2 was released less than 2 years years after the Dreamcast, but there were many reasons it failed. The hype for the upcoming PS2 slowed sales of the DC a year before it was even released. That and the fact that the Sega Saturns failure had left a bitter taste in a lot of developers mouths, so it didn't really get the software support that it needed. That and the use of GD-ROM instead of a DVD didn't help much. There are many reasons for the fall of the DC, PS2 just happens to be a big one.