DreadOut

Kitty Reeves

Registered
Jan 19, 2015
DreadOut is an Indonesian survival horror video game developed by Digital Happiness for Microsoft.

DreadOut is a third-person survival horror game that uses mechanics similar to those found in the Fatal Frame series, with a modern twist. The player character, Linda, uses modern gadgets, such as smartphones and digital video cameras, to interact with (or fend off) various kinds of Indonesian mythical ghosts, and to help her solve various puzzles in a deserted town. When Linda dies in the game, she awakens in darkness surrounded by candles with a bright light in the distance. By running towards the light, Linda will come back to life.

I've seen a couple big YouTubers play this game (Game Grumps/Steam Train, PewDiePie, Markiplier, YOGSCAST Kim) and it looks very interesting? I remember hearing something about an Act 2 of this game, but I have no idea if it has been released or not.

I just liked a game the was using another countries myths, rather then the standard Anglo-Saxon or Japanese myths. So it's kind of new, but it does make the game a little confusing at times, to non Indonesian players.

Have you played DreadOut? Do you like it? What do you think of it? Good? Bad? Eh? :)