Dragon Age: Inquisition Assesssment

GamerPerson

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
Ok, hopefully, I'm not the only one, but Inquisition consumed my life when I first got it. So sorry for ignoring the MyGamer community, but I gotta ask: Anyone else obsessed with this game?

I WANTED to begin the game with a female qunari with long hair, (such false advertising tarot card!), but I could never get her to look right and when I FINALLY did, the game glitched me and I had to remake her. -.- So, I cut my losses and just made myself...as an elf. (I have a weakness for them, leave me alone!)

Just...this game swallowed me up whole and I felt myself tearing up, in the first time ,IN YEARS, over fictional characters. Aside from the few glitches here and there, what's everyone else's assessment of this game?

Dragon Age: Inquisition was a surprisingly good game, considering how poorly received the second game was among certain gamers. I didn't pour tons of hours into the game, but I did find the little time I spent with it to be exciting and full of some great moments. I'd recommend the game to anyone who's on the fence about trying it out.

@AFKATafcar

I agree! I've been a fan of the game since I found out about some options you could do, say romance a certain elf in the first game, but immediately fell in love with the story after playing it for a few months. While I was upset at DAII, I was one of the few that was on the fence about DA:I. After playing a few dud games, (Square Enix was the one that broke the camels back!), I do extensive research on a game now before I sink ANY amount of money into it.

I've to say though, DA:I was worth it. If you can't trust what game magazines say about a company that's well known and they MAYBE getting paid to say positive things about it, just look to ACTUAL people reviewing online. They won't sugar coat it.

I've never played DA:1, but I loved DA:2. I'll probably pick it up to play sometime in the future!

Loved this game. Me and my friends spent a weekend making a male human that looked surprisingly like Nigel Thornberry (after seeing pictures of it online) from "The Wild Thornberries" cartoon, and couldn't stop laughing as we took turns to play him and make him do all sorts of incredible things. Especially in regards to romance.

@Squigly - You should give it a go! :D I don't know if you'll be one of the types of people that would like Dragon Age: Origins or not, main complaint I always see people saying is that the combat is slow and boring. The only problem I honestly had with the game was that I would given the power of choice...I can't tell you HOW many times I stopped in a middle of a playthrough, JUST to make a character of another origin...It's that great to me. (Help, I think I'm addicted!)

@Wiseman05 - I've seen those pictures! I think I was laughing a good few minutes...and then I laughed even harder at the thought of Nigel doing HALF of those things in DA:I! ALL THE WHILE IN HIS VOICE! *Nasally laugh* Smashing!

Disappointing, huh? I'll admit, I thought I was going to be tricked when I won the final battle. Like in the first Bayonetta, where you're just simply thinking: "Oh yeah. I'm awesome, I just - WTF?! WHY?! WHO?! HOW?!" Sadly, that never happened. I did see talks that there ARE 40 different endings to the game. So, maybe that's where it makes up for it?