Don't Starve

sorrowscall

Great Hero Rosayln(Okage)
Registered
Nov 9, 2014
You've probably seen me around the forum mentioning this game every now and then. It's a great game available cheaply through steam! The game itself could be considered survival-horror but it's really too cartoonish to be scary. Basically, you play as a character and gain experience for however long you can stay alive. I've only managed to make it to day 12; that's pretty lame on my part.

Also, if anyone is interested in this kind of game and would like to play it with a friend, Don't Starve Together should come out soon as well.

I haven't played it for months, but I think my longest survival was about 40 days. It died because lighting struck my berry bushes and there were no food. Thank you for mentioning Don't Starve Together, I haven't heard about it. Any idea when the full release comes out?

This is a good game, I've played it a few months ago when a friend shared his library to me. I enjoyed playing it and I loved the cartoon graphics of the game, and the game-play was phenomenal. I didn't play it for long before I had to re-install my Windows. After that, couldn't be bothered to share libraries with him, so I'm just thinking about getting it, especially since there are some DLCs out now.

I didn't play this game, but I've seen some gameplay footage on youtube. It seems like a good game and I was going to buy it a while back, but I didn't for some unknown reason. I'll probably get it soon now, because you reminded me about it.

I don't know why, but I couldn't get into this game despite the fact that I wanted to. I think that I got bored of doing the same routine each day without feeling that I got any progress untill I got killed by some wolves (or maybe black dogs?). Maybe it's one of these games that gets better as it goes but I never reached that. I may have to pick it up again. Maybe they have added stuff that make the first days more interesting.

Awesome share sorrowscall, because I have never heard of this game before. I am a fan of survival games, and "Don't Starve Together" sounds like a game that will occupy my attention for awhile! Thanks.

Never been to this site before yet I remember seeing your post before. o.o I think I even made a comment about experiencing this moment before. This is just too weird...But, at any rate, I hardly play horror survival games, but I think I'll give that one a shot. Can't be much worse than 5 Nights At Freddie's, right?

Never been to this site before yet I remember seeing your post before. o.o I think I even made a comment about experiencing this moment before. This is just too weird...But, at any rate, I hardly play horror survival games, but I think I'll give that one a shot. Can't be much worse than 5 Nights At Freddie's, right?

There's actually no horror to it, just survival :) so you won't pee yourself like 5NAF's

It's a great game, and with the upcoming multiplayer mod I expect it to reach the popularity of other popular indie titles on Steam like the Binding of Isaac, maybe even Terraria.

Thank goodness! I jumped at just other people play 5 Nights! The tension is suffocating and not something I would deem as fun. It's strange how taste change over the years...I would have loved that type of game when I use to watch horror movies. Oh well, some things we grow out of, but video games; nope. I REFUSE to grow out of. Adding this to my list now for must buys.

I don't have this game, but it's constantly mentioned, especially when I'm on Steam and it's frequently featured and on sale. From what I can tell from you guys and various gameplay videos, this actually seems like avery interesting survival game. It doesn't seem like it needs much committment. I guess another game is going on my wishlist, and my wallet will shed another tear :D

There is one superb thing about the game too: It's download content. There seems to be no shortage of things to add to the game for free from play modes to characters.

I have heard a lot about it and i might consider buying it when its on sale or something. Is there a lot of crafting and stuff or is it just cut a few trees mine something and try to stay alive?

I played it very early on, so maybe the changed it.. but there were things I didn´t like about it, like the predictable events that happened on certain days. It was like everything is great for 15 days, then on day 16 this big event happens that is much more difficult than anything you faced before. It makes it tedius to play those fist 15 days over and over without really being able to prepare for that bad day.