Does the influx of younger games disturb you?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Today, there are many gamers who are around the "tween" age and even younger playing mature games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc. Most people find them to be annoying and immature, me included, and most honestly don't want them on such mature games. Does this disturb you at all?

No, not really. The problem is that whilst they make up the minority of gamers they leave such a lasting impression we remember then continuously.
What about in the old days when kids were the majority gamers, now that they are adults they expect kids of their age to not access the most popular games. It just so happens to be the most popular games are mature games.
Another aspect is unfortunately that's the nature of these larger games. They it attract audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Whilst this does have advantages one disadvantage is that is does attract these players. Should they be playing on the game? No not really, usually they aren't mature enough.

Does it worry me?
No. Why should it worry me or disturb me. If the game supports muting the player I do and move on. If they are ruining the gameplay ill move server. Life is too short for me to worry about the fact a 7 year old has had an 18 bought by their parent.

I'm not really bothered by tweens playing any of those games. I'm more bothered by real life tweens living in countries where they actually go through some of those horrible warlike things. I'm going with Ansp on this one. Some of the younger players try to be terrible trolls, and I do mean terrible trolls. They're just terrible trolls. On the MMORPG I play the older and experienced players have had to work very hard to shepherd these young people into behaving. Their parents should thank us.

Reactions: Kitty Reeves
These games are annoying for me as well. While some people enjoy the annual iterations, I tend to avoid it as I know that there aren't going to be any major changes in these installments. That's why I still hang on to the Battlefield. I am not buying any other Battlefield game as they are too similar to the BF 3.

I don't play these games, as I am more of a Tales Of or Harvest Moon type of person, but I can assure you that these kids are as annoying in person as they are in game. I've done volunteer work in a few school libraries and these are the children that are truly unpleasant to be around(if they play games like this they wear the clothing constantly and tell us at their every chance). There are probably younger people that play that you don't notice, and I don't notice in person, but its the ones that you do that are the problem. I think its a problem when they play without friends or relatives because they tend to pick up things that nobody really does and become real life trolls because they don't have much guidance on trolling and the internet. I don't even play and I'm in on disliking them.

I think it's fun. When a kid sucks and talks trash it hilarious. When a kid kicks butt, and the adult was talking crap, then find out it's a kid, then the kid talks crap back is the most funniest situations ever I think. I would not let my child play thought. I hate gamers that suck, get mad, and then say stupid crap. I talk trash but I never go overboard or get racist or anything. Some people are just lame anyway you look at it.

Doesn't disturb me at all. I think real world event and movies are more graphic than video games. But leave it to the media to point the finger at video games for the problems the youth today.

It doesn't disturb me. It's just that sometimes when I am playing online and some of these guys are the same games that I am playing the I have a hard time with the because they spend so much time chatting in the games that it can get really annoying. The way I think about it is that I cannot control the types of games that they are their parents will buy.

Well yes, there are some immature people (regardless of age) in every online game but you can't let that spoil the experience since I have found that there many mature people who want to have fun while being polite and helpful. As long as I have the ability to mute annoying people, I don't mind younger, immature people.

Absolutely. My nephew has played cod sense he was 12. He played, with other 12 year olds. I have ran into them in world of warcraft, in a 25 man raid. I am like "are we really being lead by a 10 year old right now?". Over voice chat, he said "I am 12 , @ss hole". I said "you better watch your mouth or I am telling your mom on you" , before a new friend of mine, and myself reformed the raid without the 12 year old. I have even seen kids trying to sell their parents credit card info , for in game money. It is really scary what the gaming community could turn into.

Everyone is different, so I try to give everyone a chance. I do have to admit that as I get older, I have less patience for obnoxiousness, and especially rude/hateful stuff (it's not always the youngest ones acting that way but sometimes it is). I don't really care that much about age as much as I care about how well they play and how they behave. My biggest gripe about young gamers is when gaming companies ruin a game trying to cater to the "gimme gimme" mentality and make everything ezmode instant gratification.

I don't usually play online games like that, so they don't affect my experience at all. An influx of younger games is good in general, because it means gaming is not on the decline. As a kid, my parents did monitor what I played, but there wasn't much violence in games in general. I had a SNES and the worst game I had was Mortal Kombat 1, which didn't even have blood in the SNES version (think the later versions of MK did even on the SNES). Then I got a PS1 and, again, the violent games I played were basically Twisted Metal. Wouldn't consider either of those violent.

Anyway, it's totally different these days. All those popular games are pretty damn violent for kids, yet a lot of them still play it anyway. There's really not a good way to avoid these immature gamers either. The more popular the game is, the more of them there will be. You either have to suck it up, find a group of gamers you can game with, or find a new game. Not the greatest options.

I think it's just a general transition from physical toys into digital entertainment. There are plenty of games of all ages, but it's certainly a problem if a kid picks up a game with excessive amounts of gore, violence, swearing, drug use/sex. I think the ESRB needs to do a lot more in this regard.

Reactions: Zyni
To an extent. Personally, I believe more people should follow the ESRB ratings, especially "tweens". They're not ready to take on MA15+/R18+ rated titles (there's a reason that they exist) but they play them anyway, and the parents allow it. As someone who plays online a fair amount, I get to hear the constant whines, swearing and general lack of respect that children/teens in that age area have, especially while gaming. There needs to be a lot more done by ratings boards to help keep this content out of the hands of people who can't handle it properly.

I think ESRB does enough, honestly. The problem is, parents don't pay attention to the ratings. It's also tough to be the only parent that doesn't let their kid play Call of Duty when all their other friends are playing it. I'm not saying these violent games should be played by young kids, but it sucks when you, as a parent, are just looking out for your child by saying no, but all the other parents aren't doing the same, so your child feels left out.

Reactions: JessiFox
I don't mind. They are kids anyway so they are usually very amusing, both when they are playing exceptionally or failing exponentially. These days I think they are much better at me at modern games anyway but that's mostly because I've always been pretty average at video games and not really due to the age difference.

Today, there are many gamers who are around the "tween" age and even younger playing mature games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc. Most people find them to be annoying and immature, me included, and most honestly don't want them on such mature games. Does this disturb you at all?
On the contrary,I think mature games are a great way of learning new things and boosting one's I.Q.When playing mature games,you're venturing in a new frontier and the experience gained could be of immense benefits.

It does disturb me, my son is 10 and it is absolutely disturbing some of the things that some of his classmates get into an the ways they feel okay interacting with others (quite often not supervised to any extent at all). I don't believe in sheltering kids to a ridiculous extent, but there are mature ratings for a reason.

Not to mention, it's just irritating the way many of these kids think they can act.

Not necessarily. I think the influx of younger players improve the popularity of a certain game which is a good thing. While I do log on to CSGO sometimes and hear what appears to be a teenager shouting vulgar insults, there's always a mute button. Without young players, eSports would not be as big as it currently is.

Last I knew the average gamer was 30 years old. I believe the number to be accurate, since people 35-45 were the first generation of home console players as children. I don't think many people follow the maturity rating for games, and you are likely to run into kids on any online game you play. It is inevitable.