Does anyone here still play Pokemon Go?

spaget

Registered
Feb 20, 2018
I'm an avid fan of the Pokemon games back when they were still in Gameboy, and so I was very excited when Pokemon Go came out. I played the game since release until about March of last year, and then I just stopped due to a combination of work schedule, studies, and the game feeling very stale at that time. I haven't read news about it for a while and I actually kind of forgot about it (but I didn't delete the app), and then around November I was bored and decided to open the game again and I was surprised by the number of features there are, with the raids and legendaries in the game and the new generations. I was hooked and I've been playing it everyday once again.

I had my phone stolen during August and I totally neglected to install the app again, which was weird because I was mad obsessed back then, like the good Nintendo freak I am lmao. I remember back then we had painted the entire time yellow haha, Team Instinct was everywhere, good times.

I haven't checked the app since then but you've kind of tempted me to do so now, even more so because Gen III is my favorite, hands down.

Not anymore. I think I played the game for around a week or two after its initial release and then just uninstalled it. The hype that came with the game when it launched was just crazy and I think it just spread so quickly. I'm not a huge Pokemon person, but even I installed the game because my friends had it and was addicted to it for a few days. But after a while, it just got boring so after about a week or two, I ended up uninstalling the game from my phone. The problem was that the developers just didn't make the needed and suggested changes quick enough, the hype died and it was tough for them to recover from it.

I feel like I was much like kingcool52 above me - I played it for a few weeks when it first came out, since it was so hyped up (and since so many other people I knew were also playing it - so it was really interactive at that time).

I think though that it lost popularity relatively quickly. I do know a few people that still play it now, but they're pretty hardcore Pokemon fans so I guess that might contribute to them playing it so much too. I do think it's a super cool concept though, combining gaming with real world life!

I gave the game a trail when it was released but in all honesty and truth, I wasn't impressed with the game based on all the hype it came with. It's a nice game, there is no doubt about that but it's not as I pictured it to be, so I dumped it and moved on to far more better and interesting games.

I believe that many people got carried away by the hype when Pokemon GO was released. I don't mean that the game is not good. I just felt that many people just played it because it is the trend on the year. But after sometime, players realized that they can't to such far places for this game so they decided to stop it.

Was playing it a lot but stopped last year. Right now some of my friends started playing it again so I downloaded it too. It's not that bad as for a game that was released few years ago.

I believe that there will still be a good number of people who just recently found out about the game. So, there is every possibility of them still being attached and addicted to the game for now because it's still new to them. This happens to all gamers when they come across a new game.

I haven't played Pokemon Go myself in around 4 years, to be honest. I used to always be on it when we would go on family days out say down to the beach or for a walk to the park but it really did drain my battery so I would always need to make sure I had a charger bank with me when I did it. I know that Pokemon Go is still quite popular even now with some people I know still playing it quite frequently. I may download it again and see how it is, can't beat some Pokemon catching whilst out running errands or going out for a walk!

Pokemon GO isn't a game for me. In fact, I'm not very good with playing any Pokémon video games. I have even tried playing Pokémon Blue and I still didn't like it that much.